Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland V-Piano Grand

Adam Burgess

Hey. Starting a new gig soon and the venue has just bought one. Just musing over a couple of things. Played it yesterday and really liked it. Keys feel slightly light to me compared to my Stage 2, but sounded lovely. Looking forward to getting started on it.

Has anyone got any experience of the MIDI side of this piano? I get the MIDI spec is intentionally sparse, as it's a piano, but wondering should I ever need to layer it or maybe have a bass line going on, any trick to make it work?

One review says it'll access the GM sounds from an external sequencer. If that were the case, that would work from an external keyboard, surely? Or even looping MIDI in/out. I suspect that's wrong - manual says it's when it reads SMFs from the USB port...

Didn't want to take another board or a Mac to the gig. The piano just looks nice in its setting and don't want to stick a bright Red thing or a shiny Silver thing on top of it. If I still had the Kronos, that may have looked ok, however.

Oh, well. If I can coax as many tonal variations as I can get from an acoustic; I'll probably be happy anyway!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived