Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What is the best method to evolve a song from Reason to Sonar?

The title says it all. Does anyone have any tips for easing the pain of converting a song from Reason to Sonar? I am talking about song you create yourself. Example, you go on a trip with Reason on your laptop. Then return to your studio and want to enhance and expand the song by pulling it up in Sonar and moving some parts to VSTi's or adding new parts. Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a MacAddict mag issue that has a video interview (on the cd) with BT. He let them film him working on a song in his studio. He had his DAW and Reason both open, and worked on loops in Reason. He used "export as loop" and put that into... oh, it was Logic. Then he fixed the timing of it manually, stretching and deleting and inserting silence. Not sure if ReWire was working in Logic at the time of that interview. I personally don't use ReWire, because my computer is a few years old and having two huge apps open at the same time just won't work. I export one track at a time if I need to, but usually I just mix in Reason and master in Peak. I'm not exactly putting out albums, though. :wave:

Archived