Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FYI: Audio Education Forum Archived

Just a quick FYI about the Audio Education Forum sponsored by SAE: SAE was good enough to support MusicPlayer.com over past 6 months with a forum dedicated to audio education. Now that that term is up, the threads from that forum are now archived here on the boards. Go on with your life now............... Joe McDonough MusicPlayer.com

Joe McDonough

Music Player Network

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come on Joe - please dispell (or at least address) the rumors in Lakersrule's thread about the demise of Musicplayer forums and moderators "all being fired". I LOVE this place, and I hope it continues and remains as great as it has always been. Okay, the AEF was never very popular or busy, and I am not surprised by its demise - but I hope Musicplayer in general continues. As I've told Craig and Robert, if it's a case of needing moderators or "volunteer" assistance in keeping it going, I'll gladly volunteer to moderate or co-moderate a forum if it's on a subject matter where I could knowledgeably contribute. Thanks for all your work and for a great site. Phil O'Keefe Sound Sanctuary Recording Riverside CA http://members.aol.com/ssanctuary/index.html pokeefe777@msn.com

Phil, Here's what I know which is a bit more than LakersRULE (I would love to know who he is anyway) There have been some personell changes here, just like in any other place in the world. In fact, we've been able maintain great consistancy with people considering most people change what they're doing every few months. Anyway though, some moderators have or will be changed, all for different and specific reasons that do not need to be gone into publically. However, I do know for a fact that our most popular and eager moderators are remaining with MusicPlayer.com. This includes Craig Anderton, Roger Nichols, George Massenburg, Dave Frangioni, David Bryce, Dendy Jarret, and others. MusicPlayer.com greatly appreciates everyone's support of these forums. We are trying to keep them as consistant as possible but we deal with many "real world" factors. So in short, even though some positions have changed, MusicPlayer.com will still remain as the best forums for pro-audio and musical instrument information on the net. Thank you for making it so........ Joe McDonough MusicPlayer.com

Joe McDonough

Music Player Network

[quote]Originally posted by pokeefe777@msn.com: [b] I'll gladly volunteer to moderate or co-moderate a forum if it's on a subject matter where I could knowledgeably contribute. [/b][/quote] Phil, I think you would make an outstanding moderator. I've learned alot from your participation here. Thanks :) [edited due to lack of spellcheck] [ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: KHAN ]
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

Joe: Thanks for your quick response. Actually, I intended to post again on my next "break" that there was no need to reply because Craig had already addressed it in the Lakersfool thread. But I appreciate it all the same. I must admit I'm curious as to his / her identity also. But the offer still stands if you good folks need any help. One thing I thought of after posting my original reply - I wonder how many of us are still participating in the same forums on the "Net that we were involved with two years ago. Interests change, and people move on to other things - and busy professionals who moderate forums shouldn't be expected to be any different in that regard than any of the rest of us. Khan: Thanks for the vote of confidence! :D I've always enjoyed your posts too... I am not worthy, oh master of the graemlins! Phil O'Keefe Sound Sanctuary Recording Riverside CA http://members.aol.com/ssanctuary/index.html pokeefe777@msn.com

[quote]Originally posted by pokeefe777@msn.com: [b] Khan: Thanks for the vote of confidence! :D I've always enjoyed your posts too... I am not worthy, oh master of the graemlins! [/b][/quote] [img]http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/dvv/esmil2.gif[/img]
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

Archived