Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lowell George/Little Feat/book alert!

D_dup3

Fans of the original Little Feat & guitarist/writer Lowell George might want to check out the book Rock & Roll Doctor: Lowell George by Mark Brend, recently published by Back beat books (a subsidiary of Music Player!)

While there are some factual errors, the book is likely all we'll ever get about this fine guitarist &, refreshingly, focuses on musical matters rather than George's personal life.

If you don't know who LG was, do yourself a favor & check out some early Little Feat recordings to discover one of the premier slide-guitarists (& songwriters) in recent popular music.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Little Feat was such a great band. I saw 'em twice in Santa Barbara, once at UCSB and once at the Arlington Theater. They were funky and syncopated, like New Orleans music, and they could really grind through the gears. It's pretty amazing how good their albums sound when I go back and listen to 'em. "Fat Man in the BathTub" "Roll 'Em Easy" "Easy to Slip" ooo yea... makes me wanna go play 'em right now...
"music heals"

There's a very nice live concert DVD out there. (I rented it from Netflix) For those not familiar with Little Feat I think its a better intro to the band than any particular album. They were great live. Their live album "Waiting for Columbus" is excellent also.

Besides Lowell George the other guitaristwas very good and the keyboardist is arguable the best keyboardist in rock.

Archived