MusicPlayerNetwork.com
Posted By: RichieP_MechE A little bit of synth candy - 02/06/16 11:37 PM

I've been thinking about buying one of these little fellas and finally pulled the trigger. What a blast this thing is. Great fun just to sit on the couch and plunk around with even. And the build quality is really nice, the front panel is metal which was a pleasant surprise.

And video or it didn't happen:

That took me way more takes than I care to admit laugh
Posted By: B3Nut Re: A little bit of synth candy - 02/07/16 12:27 AM
So the pitch and mod strips are schnoz-sensitive then.... grin

Cool sound! I've been eyeing the JX03 myself...

TP
Posted By: rod76 Re: A little bit of synth candy - 02/07/16 12:31 AM
I often wondered who else ever did that...now I knows laugh thu
Posted By: ElmerJFudd Re: A little bit of synth candy - 02/07/16 12:53 AM
Wish the Electro had room on the left for it, so you could play right hand lines and pitch/mod with the left. Or even better, wish the Electro had pitch and mod wheels. wink YMMV

Nit picking of course. Have fun with it. Why the JU over the JP or is the JP next on your list?
Posted By: RichieP_MechE Re: A little bit of synth candy - 02/07/16 01:46 AM
Originally Posted By: B3Nut
So the pitch and mod strips are schnoz-sensitive then.... grin

Originally Posted By: rod76
I often wondered who else ever did that...now I knows laugh thu

You know, I ended up doing that because I couldn't get the sustain pedal to work over MIDI. And I just now realized that it wasn't an issue with MIDI implementation on my Electro or the Juno but actually because my sustain pedal was plugged into a completely different keyboard facepalm blush

Originally Posted By: ElmerJFudd
Why the JU over the JP or is the JP next on your list?

One reason was the juicy chorus, the other was that between a coupon and gift card I had, I was able to get this for a sum of money I was comfortable spending. I'd like to get a JP too at some point, though I'm secretly hoping that Roland will come out with a full Jupiter 8 reissue. A boy can dream, right? grin
Posted By: ElmerJFudd Re: A little bit of synth candy - 02/07/16 01:52 AM
thu thu thu
Posted By: yamarolorg Re: A little bit of synth candy - 02/07/16 02:12 AM
I like it.
Posted By: RudyS Re: A little bit of synth candy - 02/07/16 05:58 AM
Nice. I like the nose controller!
Posted By: MAJUSCULE Re: A little bit of synth candy - 02/07/16 06:22 AM
Nice! I just played the JP-08 for the first time today. Quite small indeed, but impressive sound! thu
Posted By: DulceLabs.com Re: A little bit of synth candy - 02/07/16 01:32 PM
Originally Posted By: RichieP_MechE

I've been thinking about buying one of these little fellas and finally pulled the trigger. What a blast this thing is. Great fun just to sit on the couch and plunk around with even. And the build quality is really nice, the front panel is metal which was a pleasant surprise.

Glad to hear you like it Richie. Mine should be here next week - now I am even more excited. PianoBanana
Posted By: drohm Re: A little bit of synth candy - 02/07/16 02:37 PM
Very cool. Now, I want one!
Posted By: iluvchiclets Re: A little bit of synth candy - 02/07/16 05:47 PM
That sounds great! I have kind of looked over these modules, but I really need to sit and listen to them now...
Posted By: RichieP_MechE Re: A little bit of synth candy - 02/08/16 03:00 PM
Thanks guys, this little thing does sound really nice. Kudos to Roland's engineers! I kinda want to get another one now so I can chain them together and get 8 voices. love
Posted By: RichieP_MechE Re: A little bit of synth candy - 02/24/16 10:39 PM
Just got back from a 6 day road trip across the US of A, the JU-06 makes for a great tiny travel companion for hotel room jam sessions! (The Minilogue belongs to my friend and is also super fun)

Posted By: DulceLabs.com Re: A little bit of synth candy - 02/24/16 11:18 PM
I'm liking the JU-06. The sound is amazing. Mine came loaded with custom presets - really nice variety of sounds available from this little guy. The only thing I don't like is the same thing I don't like about instruments in the Aira line. There's no menu diving involved, which at first blush seems great. The flip-side is you need to memorize a bunch of button combos to access features like setting delay, MIDI channels and other functions. Not a huge deal - but it does detract from the immediacy of the instrument.
© Music Player Network