Music Player Network
Thread Like Summary
area51recording, Bill H., Mighty Motif Max, montunoman
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by montunoman
montunoman
Greetings,

Kind of out of the blue I came into contact with two churches wanting to hire a keyboardist. I guess I passed the phone interview and now the pastors want to meet me in person to talk.
I thought it would be a good idea to have a couple of songs ready to play and sing.

The thing is, I am Catholic ( very open minded by the way, and I am accepting of all regions ...) I sub as a drummer in " non denominational" "charismatic " "spirit filled " type churches so I know what I'm getting into and I have a good feel for the music. But truthfully I don't seek out contemporary Christian music for my own listening pleasure so I'm not really familiar with artist names and the latest "hits" .

So anyways I plan on playing and singing "Open My Eyes of My Heart" . Is that too dated or over played? Any other tunes you could recommend, for just keys and voice?
Liked Replies
by Radagast
Radagast
You could play Pachelbel’s Canon and tell them that covers the chord progressions for 90 percent of CCM.
2 members like this
by montunoman
montunoman
I actually ended up getting hired as a drummer (my main first instrument) . It is a Baptist church that features CCM at the services. I play to a click and tracks. It's a pretty elaborate/involved set up, with lights and video images that are synchronized with the music. I playing a fully mic kit, at rock band levels. So different in everyway to my Catholic upbringing, but no problem, it's gig, I'm happy to be working.

Thanks for the tips, even though I got the drum spot. At least I knew some names of CCM artists, song titles, and I now have I pretty good idea of what the music is about stylistically.
2 members like this