Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:
Originally posted by kk@jamsync.com:
Quote:
Originally posted by Philter:
Speaking for the unruly mob, we need more bare breasts around here.
That's an offensive statement to women engineers and one more reason why I'm not shedding tears if this forum closes.
The only sexist remark made here was yours, assuming that I was talking about women! Like Miro pointed out, men have breasts too, and in equal quantity!
And now for the enjoyment of the unruly mob:
[img]http://www.4lipo.com/pectoralsurgery_files/male-stomach-a.jpe[/img]

(By the way, KK, you'll note that my first post on the topic cited "thin skin" as a problem in these parts. That goes for both genders. I'll amend that original diagnosis with a concurrent case of "lack of humor.")

----------------------------
Phil Mann
http://www.wideblacksky.com
Wow I thought Mixermans forum could get off topic....maybe this place ain't as stuffy as it pretends!

Internet Mime trapped in this screen.
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
I've thought a little more about KK's comment, and now I've decided that as acting spokesman for unruly mobs of all species, I'm (we're) offended that KK assumed that I was speaking about human breasts. Speciesism is an ugly thing and we should all work together to stamp it out. I've always felt it best to lead by example, so in defense of all creatures large and small,

Phil Mann
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I think some may find this less offensive.

Now see how fast and easy that was. And now I hope we won't offend any of the members of this elite group.

Lynn Fuston
3D Audio Inc
Home of 3dB
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Well...if you are going to go to the trouble of covering up his breasts...

...then get cover that bellybutton also! \:o

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Wait a minute, do I see nipples on that fish? The salmon lobby will not take this lightly!

Phil Mann
K
Gold Member
Gold Member
K
Quote:
Originally posted by Philter:
I've thought a little more about KK's comment, and now I've decided that as acting spokesman for unruly mobs of all species, I'm (we're) offended that KK assumed that I was speaking about human breasts. Speciesism is an ugly thing and we should all work together to stamp it out. I've always felt it best to lead by example, so in defense of all creatures large and small,

]
I suppose I should post the picture of the business end of our prize Black Angus bull now...but no, that really would scare most of the readers here.

KK Proffitt
Chief Audio Engineer, JamSync, Nashville
JamSync
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Please accept my humble apologies Miro and forumites... hopefully I have remedied the situation to your satisfaction...

Oh and Mr. Fuston, you may have missed this by-law of mine... I do expect a formal request for permission the next time you try and pull a stunt like that... :p

[The fish caught in this avatar are the dinner of Kris and MAY NOT be used, quoted, or dined upon elsewhere, either in print or on the internet, without his permission.]

Kris
My Band: http://www.fullblackout.com UPDATED!!! Fairly regularly these days...

http://www.logcabinmusic.com updated 11/9/04
S
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
S
Ah 'tis true. We all seem to lower ourselves to silliness and unnecessary name-calling. Somehow, some of us drift way off the posted topic. All it takes is to throw a name at someone and the fun begins. I guess another thing is when someone tries to draw an analogy and off topic here we go.

Lastly, I think the security of not being face-to-face with a person brings out the suppressed aggression in some folks. It's pretty easy to call someone a name simply because you had a bad day and you know they will not pound you in the face or file a lawsuit due to your insults.

These are merely my arm-chair attempts at pop-psycho-babble and are offered only as a possible explanation of the bad behavior, not as condoning or excusing it.

But some children never grow up and they just pop off with the first thing that comes into their head.

Then again, some people are not afraid to express unpopular views. They beliive in uncensored free speech as a God-given right, no matter who it offends. Then they get hammered and spend time defending their positions.

But back to the topic, if the corporation actually paid GM to be here, do you think he would stay?

Should they offer him a pension and health care benefits like any decent company in the world?

Well George has not identified lack of enumeration as a factor in his leaving.

I have heard rumors that at one time he did recieve some sort of compensation whether in form of $ or advertising, but that's probably just a rumor and it really doesn't bear upon the weight of his current posture towards UEM, at least to my limited knowledge of what he has publically posted on these issues.

Back on track, he should be compensated and those things are probably best left in the hands of negotiators, his current position is that UEM doesn't really care the way that he feels would best serve his/our needs as a forum.

He has much more wisdom about these things and I prefer not to second guess him here.

Bottom line is this: If UEM decides it is not in their interest to invest anymore time/resources in this forum then by all means George should leave. If however they feel there is a signifigant quotient of business they may derive from these forums and George Massenburgs participation, then Hooray our team wins.

Internet Mime trapped in this screen.
JDS Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by 3D Audio:
George,

I doubt there is any statement that I could make with which everyone here would agree.[/QB]
Lynn
Mabe that statement we could all agree with? :}

So you did find it. Congrats! :}

John F.
http://members.rogers.com/jdsstudios/
JDS Recording Studios
MLP Live Performing Software
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  gm 

Link Copied to Clipboard