Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Gtoledo3:
If I had somebody saying that what I posted was not what I really meant, then putting their spin on "what I really meant", I would be so pissed off I would be seeing red.
imagine the people who quote others out of context...

alphajerk
FATcompilation
"if god is truly just, i tremble for the fate of my country" -thomas jefferson
E
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
E
Dear George,
i will accept your departure only if you open a high end only for professionals forum.

\:\) Features Are Not An Opinion. \:\)
(John Hope, 2003)
http://johnhope.blogspot.com/

Addresse:
UIPLPPICDSS
Ufficio Internazionale Per La Presa Per Il Culo Dei Sbruffoni Statunitensi
Att. Tua Sorella
Codice Mavapigliatelindomo
Pirla Chi Legge
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:
Originally posted by alphajerk:
Quote:
If I had somebody saying that what I posted was not what I really meant, then putting their spin on "what I really meant", I would be so pissed off I would be seeing red.
imagine the people who quote others out of context...
Alpha, I see both sides of that. Do I continue to quote you out of context? No.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-
http://www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:
i dunno. i havent had time, the need, or even the interest to go look at PSW at all... but you did seem to love my akai convertor quote [yet seriously taken out of context]

alphajerk
FATcompilation
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:
Quote:
i dunno. i havent had time, the need, or even the interest to go look at PSW at all... but you did seem to love my akai convertor quote [yet seriously taken out of context]
Actually, I don't see where the sentiment of the akai convertor quote was changed by me isolating that one comment.

Are you een allowed at PSW anymore. If it was me, you would be so out of there. You made some pretty flagrant comments, and you owe a lot of people an apology. You need to step out of your shoes for a minute. It is no wonder people got pissed off at you. You be just as pissed if the same kind of aspersions were cast at you.

You are already eating crow, whether you like it or not. You should seriously consider an apology.

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
not a chance. i am eating quite well and i havent a clue as to what crow tastes like... and yes, i can freely go there as i please. eric's little ban of me didnt work too well. i just choose not to mix with the pathetic crowd that hangs there. i owe no one an apology. i did nothing wrong. in fact, i quite enjoyed it. people seemed to be pissed off at me even before i went in there with guns blazing. i would say people owe me the apology but im chalking it up to being even. and frankly i dont give a damn about those people there.

nice thing about the internet is you can just turn it off. i have been participating in these forums for quite a long time... and i think for the most part have outlived their usefulness.

context not entirely changed possibly, i do love them for some reason... its why i hold onto my sampler and wont sell it. on certain things it sounds so much better than not using them. they are punchy as hell. im rarely in the pursuit of transparency or realism.

alphajerk
FATcompilation
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
eric? Do you mean mixerman? I don't think mixerman gives a flying fuck about your small minded digs. How lame to think that you are "outing" mixerman or something by spouting your diatribe. Like anyone actually thinks he is Eric Sarafin. Just because Curve says so it must be so, huh? :rolleyes:

Quote:

im rarely in the pursuit of transparency or realism.
Alphajerk, the idea of taking something out of context seems rather hypocritical of you considering you modified Thomas Jefferson who you quote in your signature.
Quote:
God who gave us life gave us liberty. 1 Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever.
If you are going to quote him why not captilise the word God as he did?

Or is it that you don't really believe as he did, which would mean you are quoting him out of context....perhaps?

But then again you did suggest you weren't pursuing realism, I think another word for it is truth.

I also agree wholeheartedly with GT3 here about Dendy, if he knew the reasons George was leaving and used Georges departure as a personal platform of any sort, IMHO, that is a misuse of relationship and quite frankly raises suspicion of his motives.

Internet Mime trapped in this screen.
M
M
Quote:
eric? Do you mean mixerman? I don't think mixerman gives a flying fuck about your small minded digs. How lame to think that you are "outing" mixerman or something by spouting your diatribe. Like anyone actually thinks he is Eric Sarafin. Just because Curve says so it must be so, huh? :rolleyes:
Ok! OK!

I can see now that I'm just going to have to out myself. I can't stand it anymore!

My name is Biff Vincent.

Mixerman

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Mixerman:
Quote:
Ok! OK!

I can see now that I'm just going to have to out myself. I can't stand it anymore!

My name is Biff Vincent.

Mixerman
Mixerman, don't screw around with us. Everyone knows you are Sam Phillips, right?

P
Gold Member
Gold Member
P
Quote:
[QUOTE]Ok! OK!

My name is Biff Vincent.

Mixerman
Wait a minute...I thought I was Biff Vincent!

poPSTar

I
I
I though Mixerman was Roger Nichols ????

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by popstar:
Quote:
[QUOTE]Ok! OK!

My name is Biff Vincent.

Mixerman
Wait a minute...I thought I was Biff Vincent!

poPSTar
Will the real Biff Vincent, please stand up?

Mixerman

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by I lurk:
That would cerrtainly explain my absence from my Music Player forum!

Mixerman

Well since our forum moderators don't consider "outing" as a form of trolling I'll bite....

I've known for a long time that Mixerman is actually Mike Clink, read a quote from "behind the Glass" total Mixerman lingo and modus operandi
Quote:
"When you line the faders up(to do a rough mix), you should actually be able to hear the bass. If you have to push the bass up high, then you know that the sonics of what you are trying to accomplish are not quite there."
Man if that isn't a Mixerman quote from a Pro Tools thread then I've never read one.

Internet Mime trapped in this screen.
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by I lurk:
That would cerrtainly explain my absence from my Music Player forum!

Mixerman
Mixerman, I know your comments are all in good humour and everything, but I think you should finally tell people that you are really Nile Rodgers. Why live a charade?

Somebody else told me you are Butch Vig, but I have always pictured you with dreads.

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
I am not so sure the mixerman on these forums is the real mixerman. I read that the REAL mixerman swore off emoticons like .

B
B
damn i thot mixerman wuz fil specter

10k Club
10k Club
Quote:
Originally posted by butcherbob:
damn i thot mixerman wuz fil specter
No, I might be Phil Spector... or am I?

Things that support this theory:

1. I'm short.

2. I go about armed with a sidearm a large percentage of the time.

3. I was present when someone shot out a soffit mounted speaker (really - no joke ).

4. I'm old.

5. The first name fits.

6. I live in California.

Things that shoot the theory down:

1. While bald, I don't wear a wig.

2. I prefer stereo, thank you very much.

3. I'm old, but not THAT old.

4. I'm short, but not THAT short (5'8").

5. I prefer the SGM production approach over the PS approach.

6. I never shot someone who didn't deserve it.

So, make your own mind up - am I or am I not?

Personally I think some people spend too much time worrying about who is behind some of the screen names. I prefer to post under my own name, but unless someone is trying to attack someone or scream I AM A RECORDING GOD from behind a mask, I really don't care if they post with anonymously or not. Like I said before, it's usually fairly easy to tell if someone has a clue or not just by reading what they type.

Popstar, Mixerman - LMHO at the last few posts! \:D

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:
Quote:
Riiiighhht :rolleyes: Don't act like you weren't banned from mixerman's forum. I understand that you cannot post there anymore. You can be so full of it man. Like you "choose not to post there". B.S.

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
I heard that Fletcher won't even let you post on HIS forum anymore.

Making friends and influencing people all the time, huh, alpha?

gm Offline OP
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:

[...] I think it was immensely disrespectful for Dendy to say that, regardless of GM's post, HE really knows why GM left. Then he went on to move criticism of UEM towards others. If there was any chance of GM coming back at that time, I have to wonder if Dendy blew it.
(still lurking)

Guys, Dendy isn't the bad guy here - he isn't the management of UEM and he does what he does here for the love of it. I was specifically speaking to UEM's lack of vision in their business plan, resulting in the lack of any kind of funding for the forums.

Any sentient human (and some select non-humans) can see in the nature of the forums the future potential of them. UEM, some reason, cannot. Oh, wait a second, by golly I just figured that one out...

Just about all my issues relate to the infrastructure of the forums. I think we all deserve new UBB (or whatever) code. It's just not that expensive. Regarding posters and their sometimes challenging attitudes? You all know how much rope I give you. But the wild, loose idiot has to go away - I just don't have time for him. My insistence on non-anonymous posters is something that's been building for years, but - and here's the whole point - the forum has to support that structurally. Finally, I believe that the forums need a webmaster like Rob Kudyba, i.e. a guy with accountability.

But Dendy hasn't done anything wrong...

George Massenburg

http://www.massenburg.com
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
My apologies, and thanks for clearing the air GM.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Quote:
Originally posted by gm:
[QUOTE]Just about all my issues relate to the infrastructure of the forums. I think we all deserve new UBB (or whatever) code. It's just not that expensive. Regarding posters and their sometimes challenging attitudes? You all know how much rope I give you. But the wild, loose idiot has to go away - I just don't have time for him. My insistence on non-anonymous posters is something that's been building for years, but - and here's the whole point - the forum has to support that structurally. Finally, I believe that the forums need a webmaster like Rob Kudyba, i.e. a guy with accountability.
George,

We've hashed and rehashed the anonymity issue here. It seems it was a huge thread. How many people are here that would bail if they had to use their real names. Mixerman would the first that comes to mind since his pseudonym is his identity. How many others would still post if they had to use their real names instead of "handles?"

I don't even know if you can make people use their real names codewise. I've never seen that in the UBB software which I use as well.

Also, the updated code certainly can't be the deal breaker. The latest version of UBB (6.6.1 I think. I just checked last week) is $199. That certainly wouldn't break the UEM bank. Plus the functionality of 6.6 versus 6.3 which is currently in use can't be that drastically different. I think I'm at 6.1.3 and I hardly notice any difference between here and my board.

So what's the deal breaker? The firewall? Can that be done? Why would they be reluctant to do that? Also, you could do what I've done and use a heavier hand, i.e. shorter rope. That "delete post" key goes a long way toward taking away a troll's motivation to continue posting. If you have the time.

As mentioned before, a motivated and dedicated co-admin could solve the problem of it taking your time. There has to be some solution. Certainly you're getting enough out of it to make it worth your while to stick around. It's not like you're not reading posts in lurk mode anyway. I'm the same way. Even if I don't have time to respond, I try to keep current with the BB. I check in probably 10 times a day, depending on work load and availability of a computer. That's probably true of you as well, I suspect.

If you are asking for a full or part time webmaster, then that's some bucks for sure and I can see their reluctance in these economic times. I'm sure they see this as a self supporting enterprise and like most big corporations, set it up and hope that it will just drift along and not make waves or require too much attention or money from the bottom line. If it brings in some advertising revenue, that's great, but it probably just offsets the cost of the board, which is likely minimal. If they aren't paying the moderators or sysops in dollars and cents, then the cost of having the UEM board is just a matter of server space and bandwidth.

That's my two cents worth.

Lynn Fuston
3D Audio Inc
Home of 3dB
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:
Don't act like you weren't banned from mixerman's forum. I understand that you cannot post there anymore. I heard that Fletcher won't even let you post on HIS forum anymore.
You can be so full of it man. Like you "choose not to post there". B.S.
so you go on hearsay? want to see me post there? eric [yes, sarafin... that is who it is, i dont give a fuck about keeping his identity secret just like i dont give a fuck about his stupid alsicrap terms for protools] did try and ban me but it didnt work for long. i didnt post there much to begin with, i only posted there on an invite from the nerd herd who seemed to think i was calling them trolls [although it wasnt who i was talking about... seems people dont have very good comprehension skills as i keep repeating myself], and choose not to post there now or in the future... the nerd herd can have that little shithole of a forum... seems i have too much to do in real life.

as for fletchers forum. i can post there if i wish as well, fletcher has no problem with me that i am aware of. cant speak for him however. but if he has a beef with me, he usually just calls me up.

alphajerk
FATcompilation
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guys: Let me try to clear a few things up and put a better taste in your mouths regarding UEM.
UEM- A corporate entity, just like many others, that is based in another country. They just so happen to own a division that creates magazines in the US. Are they bad guys? No (or at least no worse than some of the US companies that I have worked for in the past).
Why are they not currently totally supporting the web and the forums? Well, during the dotcom boom, they exhaused an impressive amount of money and resources trying to keep pace with the likes of Harmony Central and others. The burn was high. And we all know what happened to the Dot Com Boom ... Dot Com Bust!!

So, naturally ... there are still some very shy attitudes towards the web. Print is what they do, and they do that well.

The people at UEM (in the states, at least?) The best. All the folks that I deal with weekly are driven and motivated. They all realize the validity and importance of these sites and this forum.

There are meetings going on as we type that will determine more participation and funding for these sites.

As with any corporate environment, they move at an elephants pace. You guys need to be patient. Things will improve here. I believe that they really want George to stay and some ground work is being tested to make that happen.

Keep the faith guys!

I will keep you posted.

DJ

10k Club
10k Club
Fair enough - thanks for keeping us posted Dendy. FWIW, the UEM people I've actually met (all Stateside), are good people.

Oh Dendy, did you get my PM a few days ago?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Phil: Let me look. Been dealing with some pregnancy complications with my wife. I am running behind now.
Sorry and thanks,
DJ

10k Club
10k Club
Quote:
Originally posted by djarrett:
Phil: Let me look. Been dealing with some pregnancy complications with my wife. I am running behind now.
Sorry and thanks,
DJ
No apologies needed - I hope everything is okay. \:\(

R
Gold Member
Gold Member
R
Quote:
Originally posted by djarrett:
Been dealing with some pregnancy complications with my wife. I am running behind now. Sorry and thanks
DJ,

never a need to apologize when the issue is family.........

I hope this finds everything well with your wife.....

Best to you and yours..........

Rod

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  gm 

Link Copied to Clipboard