Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
gm Offline OP
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
...and to all of you who have posted so brilliantly with enduring humor, wit and insight...thank you very much.

I have asked UEM to close this forum.

See all of you next time.

George Massenburg

http://www.massenburg.com
G
GY Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
G
Good luck to you, George.

GY

GY
N
N
Really?

I'm devistated!

\:\(

Thank you George for YOUR posts

\:\( again

5x KCFFL Champ
20k Club
5x KCFFL Champ
20k Club
Please tell me that you're not serious...

George, these forums are way too cool to allow them to be ruined by one or two annoying little trolls. Are you really gonna give him/them the victory of shutting this forum down?

I enjoy this forum tremendously. I've learned an awful lot from reading what you and many of the other folks who take the time to post here have shared. I consider it to be a valuable resource, and would miss it were it to go away.

If you have other reasons for closing the forum down, then far be it from me...but, if you're considering bailing because of one maladjusted poster, I humbly ask you to reconsider.

dB

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
I had to check the calendar to make sure it wasn't April anymore?!?!
Being as this was the only forum where one could get any real answers... That would leave a bit of a hole, don't you think?

Best wishes Mr. Massenberg.

No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
Fun while it lasted, but now maybe I can get some work done............

R
R
you have mixerman and his cronies to thank for this.

there has always been debates, and flames good and bad. alot of times some of us got petty and childish { me included } but this sick fuck group from the mixerman forum really crossed the line with this shit.

i don't blame you one bit george.

p.s. not all recpit posters are sick, some have a great angle on alot of things.

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
GM, dont leave. just ban these dickheads and carry on. robocock and popslut... just ban em both. and tron too. your place has always been a wealth of information until those cocksmokers showed up.

alphajerk
FATcompilation
"if god is truly just, i tremble for the fate of my country" -thomas jefferson
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:
Originally posted by alphajerk:
GM, dont leave. just ban these dickheads and carry on. robocock and popslut... just ban em both. and tron too. your place has always been a wealth of information until those cocksmokers showed up.
Elequant as always Alpha.

The sentiment however, stands.

So Many Drummers. So Little Time...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Please take a break and come back.

I've been very frustrated with these troll types (and the people who choose to incourage them) but I always come back after a break.

If you need someone to take over for a short bit, I'm sure we can find someone good.

Please don't let the trolls win.

Valky

Valkyrie Sound:
http://www.vsoundinc.com
Now at TSUTAYA USA:
http://www.tsutayausa.com
P
Gold Member
Gold Member
P
Originally posted on another thread...but in the spirit of making sure you all see this:

Hello to all,

I want everyone on this forum to know that I have ONLY posted under the single-word moniker, Popstar. Today we have seen my identity hijacked by those using monikers such as popstar 192, popstar 1269, etc. The multiple posts made under these many names were NOT made by me. Why would I do such a thing? What motivation would I have to post under any other moniker other than my own? As we can all see, these names were all registered in the last 36 hours, and an IP search would surely not lead to my computer.

I have written George twice today privately to assure him that I would NEVER disrespect him, this board and all of you other members with such blantant, meaningless and wasteful spamming. I can only apologize on behalf of those unknown individuals who would take down a board with such tactics.

It will indeed be a sad, sad day if George allows these "forum-jackers" to shut down his forum. I would personally hate to see such an outcome.

Above all else, I would like each and every one of you to know that I would NEVER use these forums for such a sinister purpose (well, other than my "normal" posts!).

Respectfully to all of you,

pOpSTaR

N
N
I'm completely out of the loop on this. Can anyone say in a brief nutshell what the heck happened to precipitate this?

Have we lost all restraint, commonsense and decency?

NYC Drew

10k Club
10k Club
George,

Please please PLEASE don't let the trolls win. Really. It's not worth it. I've been running forums and mailing lists for 10 years and they all occasionally get invaded by trolls. It doesn't last forever!

Please don't shut down, you have the most valuable forum around here so far as I'm concerned. \:\(

H
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
H
Wow. I'm completely out of the loop here too. What happened? Was it something I said? It would be a REAL shame to see it end and particularly in this way. This is the most useful forum here and certainly one of the most useful forums I've ever been partially a par of. Say it isn't so.

All the best,

Henry Robinett
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
no kidding george. this is the only forum besides bills that i visit here anymore [no offense to craig, but he got my private email concerning that... or bryce, but he knows im a keyboard moron]

alphajerk
FATcompilation
A
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
A

I missed out on it, too... the wife & I took a few days away to celebrate our anniversary. I've come back to half a dozen shockers that I missed out on. This just capped the evening...

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
yeah, i spend the weekend drunk and high partying with a bunch of people taking a mental vacation and come back to this?!? george, come visit. we will have a blast... make you forget all about these fuckheads.

alphajerk
FATcompilation
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Let me try to sort this out for everyone!

We ... as moderators (and me as administrator) are NOT COMPENSATED in any way to participate in these forums. I know there are those of you that think that this cannot be true, but it is. This is truly a labor of love.
Believe me, I spend hours a day on this board. I have tried like the devil to get some compensation, but with a "no" to compensation, brings resolve to stay aboard.

Why do I say this! Because that should drive home the fact that you should really appreciate those that moderate.

On my Public Warning post, someone said shame on us for letting this get out of control. At these forums, we have prided ourselves that we are not running around having to act like forum police. We have almost let you govern yourselves.
However, even I can recognize when trouble gets serious.

When you frustrate someone of the integrity of George to the point of him wanting me to shut his board down, ... you should really hang your head in shame. All of you have always had the ability and right to complain about these trolls.
WE ARE ALL TO BLAME THAT IT GOT TO THIS POINT!

Now, I am hoping that we can all come back down to Earth and convince George to stick around.

The forums were designed for ONLY positive and legitimate negative feedback regarding Music, Musicians, and Music Gear. FROM NOW ON! Posts of the troll variety will NOT be tolerated. From now on, think before you type. Additionally, watch your language. If you had the privalege of seeing profiles, you would know that we are not all adults here, and we should at least consider the effect we have on our musical youth.
Know this, the ping pong posting of personal bashing will not go on anymore.
If you have something negative to say to someone, Privately e-mail that person.

I hope you can all understand and agree, that this needs to be a cool hang. We all need to foster the good spirit with which these boards were intended.

Sorry for having to get so serious.

Sincerely,
Dendy

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
What?

Please don't close it... Do it for the kids!

Who Put The ' M ' In MySpace?
don\'t_click | day_job
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
George,

While I do not find time to post as often as I would like, when I do come to these forums, I look to you, Roger, Craig and Dave for guidance, advice and insight to assist me in what i am doing professionally in this industry.

I do not know the exact circumstances that brought you to this conclusion, but I would hope that none of us would let these internet trolls ruin the experience for all of us. I hope that, knowing how much many of us that are serious about this thing called music, value your contribution to the music world, that you would reconsider leaving here.

Jason

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32
Gold Member
Gold Member

Raul
Gold Member
Gold Member
Living in a third world country on the other side of the planet, this is one of a very few valuable links I have to any first/second or third hand info on gear and techniques and anything related to pro audio.
George please reconsider. I also missed what happened, but hope a couple weeks off for you would help.

Raul
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Raul (Sergievsky ):
You bring my point home.

Sometimes, the people that have so much forget about the true value of the things they take for granted.

Thanks for your post.

DJ

J
J
i add that i will miss this forum, george if you are really leaving, thank you for your insight and knowledge. i do hope you reconsider though.

peace john

S
S
GM,
Please reconsider. I have learned a great deal from this place and I would hate to see it go. This forum is extra cool because you actually do participate.

T
T
I'm truly devasted. George please reconsider.

Thanks,
Ted.

George, I have not posted here in a couple of years because the level of discussions in your forum is generally quite high and I don't feel I can add anything to them. However, I am saddened by recent events and felt compelled to post something along with the many others here to show my support for you. Regardless of how this turns out, I wanted to thank you for your insights into the world of a highly succesfull recording engineer and for caring enough to share that with others through this forum. Thats the stuff that makes the world go round. Human beings are capable of incredible cruelty, but the sheer beauty of a song captured with all it's magic can lift the human spirit, it can touch your heart,make you shed a tear or bring joy to those who may not have any. Showing us how to capture this magic is truely a gift that should be appreciated. It is this nobleness of the human spirit transcends any who try to drag it down. Thank you for being a great teacher. Hope you will remain here.

Sometimes I think heaven is nothing more than a new pair of glasses. Father Dowling
G
G
This has been the most valuable forum for those who wish to produce. Thank you George for the opportunities I have gained from your time and effort and from most of the other posters.

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
This is a great forum, and has helped me out many a time. Please reconsider.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-
http://www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"
Never posted here before, but I too want to join the chorus and respectfully ask Mr. Massenburg to reconsider... the online community would be suffering a deep loss. I've no idea what went down but let us not suffer the fools lightly. If someone came over to my party and started making things awkward for the other guests, wouldn't I show that someone their coat and the door?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  gm 

Link Copied to Clipboard