Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher:
My only question is why Bif is wasting all our time talking to himself? ... dude, that's what Psychiatrists and hookers [in that order] are for.
my shrink better start putting out then.

alphajerk
FATcompilation
"if god is truly just, i tremble for the fate of my country" -thomas jefferson
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by popstar:

Bif[/qb]
...welcome to our little group if you were not already a part...
[/QB][/QUOTE]

As but one of your bastard children coming home to seek the solace of would be forgivers it brings me little joy to realize the lack of wit, wisdom and counsel available to me by birthright.

I have travelled long and far to find this path of insight into the mind of he who spawned me then left me to the devices of fate and as I stand here reviewing the words of my father I am ashamed.

Dad is an idiot. No sense of humor and without the basic social graces that distinguish us from the foraging animals of the Serengheti.

My father is a fool.

His ego is large and devoid of substance.

I know now why mother never sought him out or encouraged me to find him.

He must of taken her without permission...no other explanation.

I retreat to the edge of the woods to look again down the pipe of moral blight that is my father's path...poor, poor popstar...not even to be loved by the bastard child long pining for connection.

Slopstar

10k Club
10k Club
Well, I just made a phone call to the real Bif and let him know about this little thread. Hopefully he'll either call me back or pop in here and clear this mess up. Or maybe our mysterious Bif *IS* the real Bif... I suppose it's possible. I wasn't going to mention Bif's first name, but after thinking about it a bit, I figure "why not?" After all, it's listed on some of the albums he's done...

All of this "I am me and you are me" stuff would lead one to think Bif and Pop are the same person, and all of Pop's posts would lead one to believe that they are not. Maybe Bif knows Pop's identity and is dropping clues. Since Bif's first name is also Phillip (notice , two L's), it gets a bit confusing. Especially when I share a similar name (only one L). Maybe Bif is hinting that Pop's real name is also Phillip?

Not that I think anyone would ever confuse me with either Pop or Bif, and even though this should be obvious, I have never posted under Pop's name, or Bif's - just in case anyone has any suspicions or questions.

Not that any of this really matters a bit. If someone wants to keep their real name private, I can respect that.

I agree - this thread HAS gotten rather strange.

P
P
do you use multiple mics for someone with multiple identities? ms perhaps? how did they mic sybil?

B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:
Well, I just made a phone call to the real Bif and let him know about this little thread. Hopefully he'll either call me back or pop in here and clear this mess up. Or maybe our mysterious Bif *IS* the real Bif... I suppose it's possible. I wasn't going to mention Bif's first name, but after thinking about it a bit, I figure "why not?" After all, it's listed on some of the albums he's done...

All of this "I am me and you are me" stuff would lead one to think Bif and Pop are the same person, and all of Pop's posts would lead one to believe that they are not. Maybe Bif knows Pop's identity and is dropping clues. Since Bif's first name is also Phillip (notice , two L's), it gets a bit confusing. Especially when I share a similar name (only one L). Maybe Bif is hinting that Pop's real name is also Phillip?
oh me, oh my, oh dear, oh dear
It seems that my poems have not been so clear
Our friend popstar desires his anonymity
And that is why I invented me
To let you all know with whom you’ve been dealing
It’s the guy whose name that I have been stealing

Popstar’s name is Phillip “Biff” Vincent spelled just that way
And now the jigs up with our friend poPStaR's little charade.

biF VIncENt

10k Club
10k Club
Okay, so you're not really Biff Vincent... but you're saying that Popstar IS actually Biff. Makes sense. Not that I really give a crap either way. However, why should we believe you on that? After all "Bif", we don't even know who you actually are. And what evidence can you provide to support your claim?

If you want to "out" someone, I guess we can't stop you from doing that. And of course, some people are probably a bit curious as to Popstar's actual identity. But again, unlike some people, I've always tried to respect the wishes of others insofar as keeping identities anonymous for those who prefer that. I generally don't agree with the idea, but I respect the rights of others to make that decision for themselves.

But the idea of "outing" someone anonymously is rather troubling. I can see where you might feel you're doing a public service by providing this information. (Or disinformation... I have nothing to confirm or disprove the info either way). However, doing so behind a mask seems a bit chickens#!t to me. Why not just do so under your own identity and take the credit / heat?

I
I
Well,

It seems that "outing" anonymous members is like a sport over here.

I lurked here for quiet a while and I understand the first character that started this game was ... Popstar

without bothering you or anybody apparently.

Back to the lurking business \:\(

G
G
[QUOTE]Originally posted by I lurk:
Well,

I lurked here for quiet a while and I understand the first character that started this game was ... Popstar

Wrong. I think there's some misjudgement going on here.

There are are far more egregious (!) examples of "lower-body-inserted-into-mouth" going on in this and other such threads.

"Back to the lurking business" would seem about right, with all due respect.

J. Eliot Howe (Chief Gear-Pimp)

Guitaravenue L.L.C.
10k Club
10k Club
Well Lurk, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I think my record is clear: I have always opposed the idea of "outing" someone aganst their wishes. I've said that in several threads over the years. However, I also oppose the idea of people posting anonymously and expecting us to all take their POV as somehow "better" than anyone else because they're supposedly someone "big and famous" - but they won't bother telling us who they actually are. Unless I know otherwise, everyone is a "nobody" around here, and I take their opinions at face value depending on what they post. And anonymous personal attacks really have no place around here IMO. But I make my judgements about individual posters based on what I read in their posts. In most cases, it's pretty easy to judge if someone has a clue or not.

My identity is clear, and I've never withheld it nor my contact information. I also respect the rights of others to do what they want. Nothing new about any of that. I've had this discussion before - with and about Curve, Mixerman and yes, I think even with Popstar.

I
I
Quote:
Originally posted by Geetar:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by I lurk:
Well,

Wrong. I think there's some misjudgement going on here.

There are are far more egregious (!) examples of "lower-body-inserted-into-mouth" going on in this and other such threads.

"Back to the lurking business" would seem about right, with all due respect.
thanx for the warm welcome Geetar ;\)

C
c2 Offline
C
i'm new to this but with all of the b.s. going on here i'm getting no answers.
please for the sake of the ignorant, give some constructive information.
we are all professionals (hence the title that includes "professional recording forum") and i think the name of mr. massenburg is being shit on.
you would stop your subscriptions to MIX magazine if these posts were included. at least i would.

in search of knowledge
10k Club
10k Club
Well c2, I'm all for talking about audio... what's your question?

I
I
Quote:
Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:
Well Lurk, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I think my record is clear: I have always opposed the idea of "outing" someone aganst their wishes. I've said that in several threads over the years. However, I also oppose the idea of people posting anonymously and expecting us to all take their POV as somehow "better" than anyone else because they're supposedly someone "big and famous" - but they won't bother telling us who they actually are. Unless I know otherwise, everyone is a "nobody" around here, and I take their opinions at face value depending on what they post. And anonymous personal attacks really have no place around here IMO. But I make my judgements about individual posters based on what I read in their posts. In most cases, it's pretty easy to judge if someone has a clue or not.

My identity is clear, and I've never withheld it nor my contact information. I also respect the rights of others to do what they want. Nothing new about any of that. I've had this discussion before - with and about Curve, Mixerman and yes, I think even with Popstar.
well I suppose you could find good reasons not to allow anonymity in such a forum, as you could justify the positive aspects of keeping your ID secret with equally valid arguments.

Since anonymity is allowed here, I can't understand why this went that far without any steps taken to put an end to it.

btw, I lurk as I'm not confident in my ability to say something as useful and insightful as you do guys.

I'm here to learn, and my identity is irrelevant and won't link me to any famous professional audio engineering personality.

best regards

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
biff? muaha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha.......

alphajerk
FATcompilation
"if god is truly just, i tremble for the fate of my country" -thomas jefferson
B
B
Geez, I take a couple of days off from reading and the thread has gone crazy. Back to the ProTools thing. It seems kind of silly to debate the low end drop out in HD when it's been apparent for some time that there's a problem. Digi knows this and so do most people who've had experience with it. As far as Radar vs HD, I don't think another test in in order. If you can't hear it then you maybe you're in the wrong profession. I don't see the need to get defensive over any honest criticism of equipment. There's some things about HD that are good but some things suck. Can't we just leave it at that? Does the Radar sound better? I sure think that most people would chose the Radar over HD in a blind test. However, there are some things that are easier to do in Protools. Each has it good and bad points. Let's face it, we all aren't fortunate enough to work in 2" anymore. We gotta work with what we have. Things have changed as so has the industry. I don't understand why anyone would say that there isn't a low end drop out in ProTools. Neither can I understand why anyone would say that ProTools sounds better than the Radar. And no I don't work for iZ. It seems that objectivism is being overshadowed by egos.

I like what popstar said,

"Again, not defending anything here, just keeping some of the issues on the table... ps "

bbchessman

C
c2 Offline
C
thanks bbchessman for keeping it real.
now about the difference between HD and RADAR, which cards in the RADAR are you making the comparison to?

in search of knowledge
G
G
Originally posted by I lurk:
thanx for the warm welcome Geetar

You're welcome. I think you'll find posting on these boards to be an oasis of "Luv and Respect" compared to the....er.......delights of putting your *ss up for target practice on Recpit.

J. Eliot Howe (Chief Gear-Pimp)

Guitaravenue L.L.C.
K
K
Is this the thread that caused GM to say he was leaving? Or is it another thread that perhaps has been deleted?

-kid music

Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
I wouldn't call this "The" thread...but if you look back one page...you will see a flurry of posts by several “postarXXX” aliases...

These posts were the ones that originally caught GM attentions and he specifically put up a thread stating that this "popstarXXX” person was "so out of here".

The next day...it appears that GM changed that thread to read that now HE was "Out of here"...???

I have no idea what transpired between GM and this person(s) or any other person(s) during the evening two nights ago...
...but here is somewhat of an explanation why GM may have left, according to Dendy Jarrett...forum Moderator and Administrator.

From another thread:

Quote:
Originally posted by djarrett:
It would seem that there are folks that "think" they are better than others, and they feel the juvenile need to try to prove that point.

There are some that challenged George's procedures and his methodology.
From this, it appears(?) that GM may have had an exchange with some individual(s) following his notice that “popstarXXX” was “so out of here”…and that may have been the final straw.

Of course…there may be more to it than any of us are aware of…and that it really hasn’t much to do with the forum members…but maybe his own personal/business direction…???

There’s too much speculation going on.
Unless GM states specifically why he left…the rest of us should just let it go for now.

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."
Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18

Moderated by  gm 

Link Copied to Clipboard