Print Thread
Page 37 of 38 1 2 35 36 37 38
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Quote:
Originally posted by dtobocman:
A heavy-handed, forced redistribution program is not my remedy (your arguments against it are similar to mine). My remedy is more along the lines of breaking the stranglehold power conspiracy that the empowered practice.
Ok…no problem with this.

But your “remedy” dosen't really suggest how to actually achieve this outcome?

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."
D
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
D
Quote:
If you go back many, many pages...where Dave first started responding to my posts...
...he's been trying to "teach" me how I should argue/debate...so that it would better accommodate his style of debating.
Bullshit. I was simply refuting your arguments by pointing out the fallacies you were and continue to employ. After a while, I suggested that you learn about Aristotle so I wouldn't always be wasting bandwidth with these easy logical vollies. You're still resisting the idea that there is a standardized, codified method of arguing, laid out millenia ago by the Ancient Greeks. I wonder -- what are your impressions of what you've read in Tom's link? Do you still easily dismiss this compendum of logical fallacies as "liberal logic"? ;\)

Quote:
I actually said almost the same thing to him quite awhile back...to please stop telling me how to debate...but it didn't really work, so here we are...
...Dave and Philter are still focused more on my style of debating…than the debate.
More bullshit. My posts are full of concrete assertions and, moreover, specific refutations of your points, not simply parroting "straw man" (for instance), but pointing out specifically what you've erroneously attributed to me and how I specifically don't advocate the addenda. Philter has been doing the exact same thing. Really Miroslav, talk about spinning!

Quote:
Sort of like two prize fighters in the ring...and one says to the other:
"Hey...you're not supposed just jab so much...use your other hand too"... \:D
Huh? Is there a requisite, codified amount that fighters are supposed to use the jab? Bad analogy (another fallacy, BTW).

Quote:
Yeah…like I’m gonna’ argue/debate their way!!!
You're deluded, Miroslav. I sincerely wish you'd study the text of Tom's link and, afterwards, come out swingin'.

D
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
D
Quote:
I have no problem with questioning what the government does...but I find little objectivity from people who just tend to always question without ever committing to anything.
Yes, it sounds nice to think that they are assuming a "watchdog" position and that they should not be criticized for doing so...
…but I never much trusted or liked my neighbors dog that always indiscriminately barked and growled at everything and everyone that passed by.

I always preferred those dogs that can sense when to bark and when not to. [Big Grin]
Nice one -- good analogy. Relevant and eloquent. I think you've actually influenced my outlook -- thanks.

D
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
D
Quote:
Originally posted by miroslav:
Quote:
Originally posted by dtobocman:
A heavy-handed, forced redistribution program is not my remedy (your arguments against it are similar to mine). My remedy is more along the lines of breaking the stranglehold power conspiracy that the empowered practice.
Ok…no problem with this.

But your “remedy” dosen't really suggest how to actually achieve this outcome?
That's easy....if the economically empowered are no longer able to influence the politically empowered, then the wealth will be free to flow naturally on a merit-based, competitive basis, free of the distortion that the conspiracy introduces.

A simple illustration would be the issue of corporate welfare. If the billions given to corporate welfare was freed up from the budget, there would be more funds available for, I don't know, how about inner-city empowerment zones (that's a Republican idea, BTW, Jack Kemp's). Wealth would eventually be shifted from the entrenched corporations to small businesses, right? That's just one quick example.

Suffice it to say that wealth would flow in a more even manner if the stranglehold of entrenched power were to one day be broken down. This is my belief, and I will continue to do all I can to see it come true in my lifetime. Shouldn't we all?

S
S
Hey Miro, I can't believe this and I am laughing so hard at the same time. This bozo tobocman has been trying to teach you how to debate, how to think, telling you what's right and what's wrong for how long now and not really saying much else in the process. He is the Masterdebater after all and now he's been joined by other self-proclaimed "teachers" so that theirs is soon to become the Wankers' Convention. I am just waiting for them to start telling you what to wear next... And all that gm was asking for at the beginning were just some opinions.
Hope you're having fun.

setter

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
No one is teaching Miroslav anything... we're defending ourselves against the way he misrepresents our arguments.

With such distorted tactics it's impossible to debate at all- you spend the whole time trying to get your point across without having Miroslav misunderstand and/or misrepresent it.

So the one-liners from the semi-literate second-account psuedonym Setter are a welcome refreshment, even if they don't really say much.

----------------------------
Phil Mann
http://www.wideblacksky.com
D
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
D
Yeah, I've probably got some suggestions for what Miroslav should be wearing....but I'm staying away from the whole subject of shoes. \:D

Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
I wonder if Philter and Dave are one and the same person... :p

How's that diddy go...?

"They talk alike, they walk alike, sometimes they even look alike..." \:D

Philter...you're "defending" yourself?...Oh, poor baby.

For all the crap you guys have hurled my way throughout this thread...
...I don't know what you would suggest for me to be wearing Dave...
...but I think I'm gonna' go pick up a pair of hip-high boots...cuz' it's really starting to pile up around here!!!

But...I'm still smiling...how about you guys? \:\)

D
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
D
Quote:
Originally posted by miroslav:
...I don't know what you would suggest for me to be wearing Dave...
...but I think I'm gonna' go pick up a pair of hip-high boots...cuz' it's really starting to pile up around here!!!

But...I'm still smiling...how about you guys? \:\)
Touchee...lol, miro....

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
I've got a few aliases, but David's account isn't one of them!

Phil Mann
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Philter:
So the one-liners from the semi-literate second-account psuedonym Setter are a welcome refreshment, even if they don't really say much.[/QB]
Hey philter, baby, first "psuedonym" is spelled pseudonym and also there is no need for paranoia (yet). I'll let you in on a secret though: setter is the ONLY pseudonym I use when I'm online.

I get the distinct feeling that you think your posts are intellectual jewels. I know tobocman thinks so (lol) but I tend to disagree. If you think that there is wisdom in a multitude (and I mean fucking MULTITUDE) of words then I venture to say you are wrong. A swine will always be a swine no matter how you dress it up, no matter how many words or even what kind of words you use to describe it. You could have said what you wanted to say on this thread without much difficulty in one average post.

BTW, are you ever gonna respond to Miroslav's question regarding your assessment of the "rich/white" phenomenon? I am dying to know who you think they are also, what tax bracket etc. C'mon give us a little humor. Give us a little bit of that buffoon Al Sharpton humor.

cheers,
setter

Quote:
Hey philter, baby, first "psuedonym" is spelled pseudonym and also there is no need for paranoia (yet). I'll let you in on a secret though: setter is the ONLY pseudonym I use when I'm online.
Yeah, that pretty much sums up politics & history in the new millennium.

Rista br
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:
Originally posted by setter:
Quote:
So the one-liners from the semi-literate second-account psuedonym Setter are a welcome refreshment, even if they don't really say much.

I get the distinct feeling that you think your posts are intellectual jewels. I know tobocman thinks so (lol) but I tend to disagree. If you think that there is wisdom in a multitude (and I mean fucking MULTITUDE) of words then I venture to say you are wrong. A swine will always be a swine no matter how you dress it up, no matter how many words or even what kind of words you use to describe it. You could have said what you wanted to say on this thread without much difficulty in one average post.

BTW, are you ever gonna respond to Miroslav's question regarding your assessment of the "rich/white" phenomenon? I am dying to know who you think they are also, what tax bracket etc. C'mon give us a little humor. Give us a little bit of that buffoon Al Sharpton humor.

cheers,
setter[/QB]
Whoops, I didn't actually realize that you were that much of a newbie... sorry for unloading on you; I'll go easy seeing as how you're so new around here! I just assumed that you were a second account for one of the other reactionaries around here... you know, with the misformed grammar and wandering trains of thought, it gets hard to tell you guys apart to begin with.

Phil Mann
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Quote:

...it gets hard to tell you guys apart to begin with.
Hey...now you're using my lines...get your own material!!! :p

S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by setter:

cheers,
setter
What's up philter why are you being such a wimp? Stop dodging and tell us, you're among friends, just open up and let us see what's really in that dumbass mind of yours.

BTW, how many languages do you speak? Are you one of those morons who speaks English only yet keeps preaching about grammar? Learn how to spell in your native language first you fucking hypocrite.

cheers,
setter

Quote:
What's up philter why are you being such a wimp? Stop dodging and tell us, you're among friends, just open up and let us see what's really in that dumbass mind of yours.

BTW, how many languages do you speak? Are you one of those morons who speaks English only yet keeps preaching about grammar? Learn how to spell in your native language first you fucking hypocrite.

cheers,
setter[/QB]
Hey, do you mean he's not invited to your birthday party??

Rista br
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member

Phil Mann
E
E
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Easter:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

You think?!...Could you please "cut and paste"
a bit more of "your" thinking?...

If you have been alive, and not living under some rock or on another planet during the last 20 years...
I can see the boot of CNN on your throat and the crap of FOX TV on your tongue...the ideas that you cutting and pasting over here are so lunatic that it's not even worth discussing. Can we keep this forum free of mainstream propaganda?!

Easter...what do you want...please just cut-to-the-chase and stop with all your “hinting”.

Are you saying…that you don't believe that Saddam has had, used, and manufactured WMDs?

Are you also saying that all the people he gassed back in the 80s is just propaganda and you don't believe it ever happened?

What are you saying...just come out and say it…otherwise go away. Miroslav

--------------------
Saddam is evil, WMD blah, blah, blah If all of the above is the case for this war why not to start with Russia (whose human rights record is infinitely bad and they have every f*cking weapon you can imagine), Saudi Arabia (whose human rights record is every bit as bad as Saddam's), China (long, long history of unimaginable atrocities), Turkey (whose treatment of the Kurds has been considerably worse than Saddam's),
Columbia (whose scorched earth tactics and death squads are perhaps unparalleled right now anywhere on Earth), and Israel, whose treatment of Palestinians continues to represent a form of not-so-subtle ethnic cleansing...etc, etc...Moreover, why not to start with USA?!...Oh..I'm sorry...I fogot...US is above the law...

Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Quote:
Quote:

…the ideas that you cutting and pasting over here are so lunatic that it's not even worth discussing. Can we keep this forum free of mainstream propaganda?!
Are you also saying that all the people he gassed back in the 80s is just propaganda and you don't believe it ever happened?
Now you are throwing a spin on your original rant.

You said that I was cutting and pasting lunatic ideas/propaganda

My response to you was that Saddam gassing his own people is not and “idea” or “propaganda”…but that it actually happened.

But since you really didn’t have a good response to all that…you come back with:

Quote:
If all of the above is the case for this war…
No…that’s not what I was originally disputing...
...rather your blind-eye suggestions that Saddam’s WMD atrocities were nothing more than my “ideas” and/or media “propaganda”.

Really Easter…instead of posting your own propaganda...

...just go away.

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Regardless, it is a good point. Why aren't we in Sierra Leone, or Cuba, or Somalia?

Because they aren't on top of a shitload of oil. Let's at least be honest here.

This ain't about "democracy."

Phil Mann
S
S
Quote:
[QB][/QB]
[04-03-2003, 09:12PM: Message edited by: Philter]

A profound answer philter.

setter

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Ok there. What are you talking about? Did you get through those links yet?

They're not political, by the way, although they do have political ramifications.

Phil Mann
Y
Gold Member
Gold Member
Y
Quote:
Regardless, it is a good point. Why aren't we in Sierra Leone, or Cuba, or Somalia?

Because they aren't on top of a shitload of oil. Let's at least be honest here.

This ain't about "democracy."
True, yet none of them has had much in the way of nucular, biological or chemical weapons either.

S
S
Quote:
Ok there. What are you talking about? Did you get through those links yet?

They're not political, by the way, although they do have political ramifications.
All that shows is that you can cut and paste a link to someone else ideas, big deal. What are your own thoughts? Last night you posted something but then you deleted it and replaced it with these links. Give us what's in that special mind of yours philter.

setter

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
I'm not interested in taking the time to explain it to you. Take a look at the links. If you already understand what's there, we'll discuss it.

Phil Mann
E
E
Quote:
...just go away.
Hey Miroslav, I wish I had your head over here. I could've sampled really spacious reverb (RSR)...but then again, I don't want to waste the rest of my life trying to remove this ugly boom- frequency of yours \:D \:D \:D

S
S
Quote:
I'm not interested in taking the time to explain it to you. Take a look at the links. If you already understand what's there, we'll discuss it.
Are you afraid to put up your own ideas?

setter

V
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
V
Quote:
Originally posted by Yuri T.:
True, yet none of them has had much in the way of nucular, biological or chemical weapons either.
Coallition forces have yet to find any evidence of chem/bio weapons in Iraq. They've found gas masks and antidotes, but you can find those in Israel too.

Then again, the US didn't GIVE chem/bio weapons to those countries! They did give them to Iraq when Suddam and Reagan were buddies and Iraq was at war with arch-enemy-of-the-moment-of-the-US Iran.

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Setter, you're unwilling to read two simple papers that I linked to.

I believe that your interest in my position is insincere. If you lack the patience to read the papers, I'm not going to waste my time talking past you.

Phil Mann
I
I
Then again, the US didn't GIVE chem/bio weapons to those countries!

They did not GIVE them , they sold them. Business
as usual. Maybe they gave a large quantity discount. Some officers were trained in the U.K.
in the use of chemical weapons, according to a
broadcast I've seen here in Holland.

ISPdeRuiter

Nevertheless at all.
Page 37 of 38 1 2 35 36 37 38

Moderated by  gm 

Link Copied to Clipboard