Music Player Network
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#474553 10/01/02 08:38 AM
Gold Member
OP Offline
Gold Member
OK, I'm actually doing something really groovy. I'm recording the daytime ambience of Bagram Air Base. I'm hoping I'll catch a mine or two going off. I'm only an hour and 40 minutes into it and I've got some interesting stuff. Lots of big diesel engines in heavy equipment driving by. The water pump at the water point 200 yards away sounds very nearby. It's strange how sometimes recording ambience is like looking through binoculars.

Anyway, I'm using those two 441's with socks for wind screens on a flat roof between two tents at a 90 degree angle horizontally and 10 or 15 degrees vertically. I'm really surprised how much a dynamic microphone can catch sometimes.

So, here's to foley art in Bagram. Hopefully I'll catch some good stuff. Wish me luck.

In other news, I'm still making videos. People are still buying them from me. And I'm learning about how some colors just don't seem to work when rendering text to MPEG. I haven't quite figured that out. But, I am still learning. I'm happy to admit that I know nothing about video production other than what I've done myself. But I will say that the broadcast journalists in the Army probably know less than I.

OK. That's all for now. More later.

I can't wait to get out of the National Guard...

adam - "it's all foley."

studioman adam
[][][][][][][][][][][][]
"uh........OK?"
#474554 10/02/02 08:34 AM
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Good work Adam. Glad to see you're still managing to have a good time. I know what you mean but surely you're not actually hoping to "catch a mine or two going off"

Good use of a pair of socks! I too am surprised at how much you are picking up with dynamic mics, I would have thought your recording would be hidden under the sound of the wind breezing by the diaphragm.

Well done and Good Luck

John Scotsman

Moderated by  gm 

Link Copied to Clipboard