OP Offline
Platinum Member
I
Here's how I have everything connected.

d8b(AES Out) to the PSX (AES In)
PSX (Analog Out) to 747 (Analog In)
747 (Analog Out) to d8b (2 Track A)
PSX (AES Out) to CD recorder (AES In)
CD recorder (Analog Out) to d8b (2 Track B)

1) When I monitor from 2 Track B, the CD-recorder doesn't sound anything like monitoring from 2 Track A. Is the PSX not feeding the CD-R correctly? 2 Track A sounds great, and 2 Track B, muted and dirty.

2) Should I connected the WC Out of the Aardvark to the WC In of the PSX-100?

3) Should all BNC cab;es be the same length, or there about?

Thank you in advance.
Imagine

M
Gold Member
Gold Member
M
I suppose you'd best be slaving both the Apogee and the D8B to the same clock, OR using the D8B as Master to the Apogee (which would be sad).

In my (meager) experience with saving clocks to other stuff, it's so obvious when something is not getting good clock (big distort spikes, fuzz, etc) that I might assume you are covered with the setup you are using.

Even tho the Aardvark is supposed to be very good-- can the D8B and other things slave to the Apogee? You might try slaving everyone to the Apogee's clock and compare that with the Aardvark, as the Apogee is supposed to be a good master clock as well.

Once the clock issue is settled...

If you take the Avalon out of the chain, you can just compare the D/A circuitry and analog outs of the PSX and the CD recorder. They are probably of very different quality.

What does THAT sound like?

Double check that you are not comparing one machine's +4 signal with another's -10 signal.

After this, you'll be able to put the Avalon back in the chain and see what that does to the signal.

Let us know!

ML

M
M
Imagine
I have the PSX100special edition, and it sounds much better, so I'd trade up if you still can. I've found the two channels sound quite different, and every two pieces of all equiptment sound quite different. Either they can't help it, or they give you one good, one so so. Anyway, it is a fact that shall remain. Paul

Moderated by  gm 

Link Copied to Clipboard