Music Player Network
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#470215 07/20/02 09:04 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Can anyone point me to info on how to make gobo's? What material? Density? Etc.?

Thanks

Thomas

#470216 07/20/02 04:44 PM
gm Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
There are different kinds of gobos. There are certainly companies that manufacture certain kinds of them.

in my not so humble opinion, nothing defines a "studio" more clearly than the internal architecture of the acoustic space; to a large degree these days this is made up of the surface treatment and the gobos.

So, how much space do you have? What's your ceiling height? What kind of music are you doing? Do you want more of a live room (in which case you might want a one-side-live gobo, or even some sort of single-plexi sheet with a support). Do musicians need to see each other?

Finally, do you have lots of dough (i.e. can you buy them)? Or will you be building them yourself?

George

George Massenburg

http://www.massenburg.com
#470217 07/21/02 05:40 AM
T
OP Offline
T
"So, how much space do you have? What's your ceiling height?"

Honestly, I don't know the square footage. The ceiling height is 12ft. It's a nice open room in which the band will not get cramped.

"What kind of music are you doing? Do you want more of a live room (in which case you might want a one-side-live gobo, or even some sort of single-plexi sheet with a support). Do musicians need to see each other?"

Rock, alt-country, rock. I want to record bands that aren't afraid to track together. I would like more of a live sound - the room is big enough to achieve this. Musicians must see each other.

"nothing defines a "studio" more clearly than the internal architecture of the acoustic space"

As of now, I have a large live room - totally dry wall. I'm starving for knowledge on this topic.

I can either build the gobo's or more mic pre's. I think I should stay with the gobo's.

Thanks

Thomas

#470218 07/22/02 12:43 PM

Moderated by  gm 

Link Copied to Clipboard