Music Player Network
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
OP Offline
O
what is your experience of these 2 hd recording system considering many aspect as hard drive, optional interface, syncronizations, costs , reliability, etc

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
can't speak for the mackie, but i bought an HD24 new for a super cheap price last week and have been cutting basic tracks all week on it. bonehead simple to use. works like a tape machine. i have yet to use the manual other than when i setup the FTP configuration. it came with a 20 gig drive and i put a 40 gig drive in the second bay. gives me over 5 hours of 24 track recording time. The FTP works great but is very slow (slower than real-time transfer)... i'm sure the mackie is great too, but this was cheap, had the i/o i wanted, sounds good and it met my needs.

-d. gauss

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
We Have a Mackie HDR24/96, and cannot say enough about it. The DA converters are top notch (the same as in their D8B console), the ease of use so simplistic, it's integration with other applications (such as Protools) so effortless, I cannot imagine a better machine, well almost can't. Mackie support is great, also. (check out their Online User Forum at http://www.mackie.com/scripts/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=2

Moderated by  gm 

Link Copied to Clipboard