Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Gold Member
Gold Member
T
johnnyvn,

You posted:

'threshold/crafty/erupt:

Since you're keeping track, please note that Pacifique in Los Angeles has ordered a 9KK. Remember, in a year you're going to announce whether the 9KK or the 88R is selling better.'

Yeah I remember. But I'm only posting installs/commissionings not sales announcements. Sales can be cancelled. If you want to report sales announcements I'd have to include Sony Studio's/NY, & China's national broadcasting system as new 88R orders/sales announcements. Hey, and when are you going to take on the task of 'proving' that I'm Threshold, Crafty 1, & DJ Erupt?

Threshold.

"If you believe so, think so, know so. Prove it!"

J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by Threshold:

Hey, and when are you going to take on the task of 'proving' that I'm Threshold, Crafty 1, & DJ Erupt?

Threshold.

"If you believe so, think so, know so. Prove it!"[/QB]
Certainly, you know how easy it is to hack such info off of a BBS like this...for heavens sake, you can hack into almost anything with a small amount of computer knowledge...

You just be keeping good track of those 88R sales. We'll have another look in a year.

IF YOU CRAVE IT, BUY IT, ROLL IT...SMOKE IT! Keep puffing...

T
Gold Member
Gold Member
T
johnnyvn,

You posted:

'Certainly, you know how easy it is to hack such info off of a BBS like this...for heavens sake, you can hack into almost anything with a small amount of computer knowledge...

You just be keeping good track of those 88R sales. We'll have another look in a year.

IF YOU CRAVE IT, BUY IT, ROLL IT...SMOKE IT! Keep puffing...'

Like I said. Prove it. Insinuations mean nothing. And do it without breaking the law. Right now regarding the 88R vs. XL9000K sales run off it's looking pretty even.

Neve/88R:

Sony Music/NY, NY = 1
Central China TV/China = 1
Chalice Studios/LA, CA = 1
Angel Studios/London,UK = 1

Total = 4 Orders.

SSL/XL9000K:

Larrabee Studios/LA, CA = 1
The Hit Factory/NY, NY = 2
Pacifique Studios/LA, CA = 1

Total = 4 Orders.

Mind you these are only orders, & not commissionings.

Threshold.

"If you believe so, think so, know so. Prove it!"

P.S.:I don't smoke(cigarettes, or illegal substances), drink(alcoholic, or high caffeine beverages,), curse, do drugs, or sell drugs so your 'liners' pertaining to those types of activities don't apply to me.

J
J
Quote:

Like I said. Prove it. Insinuations mean nothing. And do it without breaking the law.

Neve/88R:

Sony Music/NY, NY = 1
Central China TV/China = 1
Chalice Studios/LA, CA = 1
Angel Studios/London,UK = 1

Total = 4 Orders.

SSL/XL9000K:

Larrabee Studios/LA, CA = 1
The Hit Factory/NY, NY = 2
Pacifique Studios/LA, CA = 1

Total = 4 Orders.

Threshold.

P.S.:I don't smoke(cigarettes, or illegal substances), drink(alcoholic, or high caffeine beverages,), curse, do drugs, or sell drugs so your 'liners' pertaining to those types of activities don't apply to me.[/QB]
Thresh/crafty/erupt:

Basic server root traces are always helpful in confirming identities.

Anyway, word on the street is that Pacifique may have ordered more than 1 K series. If so, Neve may not be off to a GREAT start in the race, given that the K was only introduced roughly 1 month ago. For heaven's sakes, no one has ever even SEEN a K in person! And to add the disclaimer one more time, it's not that I have any aversion to Neve's...the 88R may be a great desk and certainly that company has put out an entire history of great consoles. But SSL's market domination will not be even bruised by the 88R. And, I think the K will be wildly popular with engineers because of its lineage (the very popular 9000J) and because of the new feature set (the 5:1 features and even improved audio paths).

Sorry about the stoner references. I just assumed you were "under the influence" when you wrote some of your posts above...(oops...just kidding).

J

T
Gold Member
Gold Member
T
johnnyvn,

You posted:

'Anyway, word on the street is that Pacifique may have ordered more than 1 K series.'

Let me know if this is true, or not. Try, & get a 'solid' confirmation.

Threshold.

"If you believe so, think so, know so? Prove it!"

J
J
Thresh/Crafty/Erupt,

To date, there have actually been 6 confirmed SSL 9KK sales in the U.S alone. 1 to Larrabee, 2 to Hit Factory, 1 to Pacifique and 2 others which I will not identify so as not to "steal their thunder", as they will certainly be issuing their own momentous press releases in the near future...

Don't worry...you can trust me on this...

J

T
Gold Member
Gold Member
T
johnnyvx,

Final scores are still about the same between the two consoles but, if taken in the context you're talking(which far outreaches commissioned consoles) I know of at least two more 88R sales that are pending announcement. One in New York(so I'm told from an employee at a 'very' well known facility, & this room is a different one other than Sony), & another in FL. But for the record in the future I'll try to stick to reporting solid commisssionings, & sales announcements available for public release.

Threshold.

P.S.:I'll be happy if Neve gets 25% of the high-end market. To me that seems proportional to the work an 88R can garner(which I think could very well be half the tracking work for most major genres of music with primary focus on tracking Rock, & Country). Major faclities with an 88R, two 9000J's, & a XL9000K should stay fully booked in my estimation.

J
J
Quote:
johnnyvx,

Final scores are still about the same between the two consoles but, if taken in the context you're talking(which far outreaches commissioned consoles) I know of at least two more 88R sales that are pending announcement.

Threshold.

P.S.:I'll be happy if Neve gets 25% of the high-end market. To me that seems proportional to the work an 88R can garner(which I think could very well be half the tracking work for most major genres of music with primary focus on tracking Rock, & Country). Major faclities with an 88R, two 9000J's, & a XL9000K should stay fully booked in my estimation.
Oh, goodness, Neve grabbing 25% of the market? Boy, that's a stretch. Let me know how that progresses.

In regards to the K sales, those 6 that I reported are completed, actual sales, which simply haven't been announced pending the studios' own press releases.

J

T
Gold Member
Gold Member
T
johnnyvn, & all,

Cool, but as I said to keep things sound, & conservative from here on out I'll try to stick to posting only official sales announcements, & confirmed console commissionings.

Threshold.

T
Gold Member
Gold Member
T
All,

Now furthering my opinions on the new SSL/XL9000K, which goes beyond the XL9000K having an overall signal to noise ratio that's less than a 9000J of the same console size(#'s of modules, etc.), I question why SSL after going to supposedly great lengths to eliminate electrolytic capacitors throughout the XL9000K, they (SSL) left the small fader section with VCA automation only. Why not implement moving faders in the small fader section, as well(AMS-Neve put moving small faders on the 88R after observing what Amek did on the 9098i desk). Additionally I question why SSL in the XL9000K did'nt include complete facilities for 7.1 monitoring(to my knowledge) as they did for 5.1 monitoring(The AMS-Neve/88R has 7.1 monitoring as an option, & 5.1 standard). Did SSL do the remote mic pre's, & 5.1 monitoring just to keep up with the Jones=AMS-Neve.

In looking at the XL9000K's automation, it is faster but, as of this date to my knowledge only has one new command that can't be accessed in J series automation. Is this really that much of an improvement(over J series automation). 9000J automation is'nt all that slow for what it is so this leaves only the online mix compare feature in XL9000K series automation as my single liking on the automation improvement list. Last of all. Has anyone out there heard the new SSL mic. pre., & would you use it in place of a GML, Avalon, Millenia Media, Neve, Focusrite, or Amek mic. pre.? Any of you engineers out there have a different take on all this?

Threshold.

T
Gold Member
Gold Member
T
All,

There's a great picture of Sir George Martin, & his brand new AMS-Neve/88R here:

http://www.ams-neve.com

Threshold.

T
Gold Member
Gold Member
T
All,

Barefoot Studios, Hollywood is getting their new AMS-Neve/88R delivered to them as we speak(this according to most recent reports). This puts Neve up one point in the SSL vs. Neve run off.

Threshold.

johnnyvn,

Any more updates on the XL9000K sales?

Threshold.

J
J
Quote:
All,

Barefoot Studios, Hollywood is getting their new AMS-Neve/88R delivered to them as we speak(this according to most recent reports). This puts Neve up one point in the SSL vs. Neve run off.

Threshold.

johnnyvn,

Any more updates on the XL9000K sales?

Threshold.
Who the hell is Barefoot Studios? Never heard of 'em. Anyway, from what I can gather, worldwide K sales are at 10 currently (pre-NAB).

T
Gold Member
Gold Member
T
johnnyvn,

You said:

'Who the he.. is Barefoot Studios? Never heard of 'em.......'

Who was Transcontinental Studios, Sphere Recording Studios or Patchwerk Recording Studios several years ago? They all bought high-end consoles(an 88R, & #3-9000J's), & now they're known globally. Same thing will probably happen at 'Barefoot Studios'. Can you reel off the list of XL9000K sales that you hav'nt already listed? It'd be great to have that info..

Threshold.

J
J
Check the SSL website after NAB...they'll most likely get their list going. I only know that there are 6 in the U.S. (1-Larrabee, 2-Hit Factory, 1-Pacifique, 2 completed non-LA/NY sales not yet announced publicly {SSL is waiting for the studios to announce the installations}, and 4 internationally (didn't ask who they were).

J

T
Gold Member
Gold Member
T
johnnyvn,

Did Larrabee, or Hit Factory get their XL9K yet?
Apparently Chalice got their AMS-Neve/88R.

Threshold.

T
T
I am also in L.A. The Larrabee K is in and working. Chalice? who knows when that room is opening...they've been working on it for a loooonnnnngggggg time. They were originally going with a 9000J...but the rumor is that they may bump up to a K by the time the place opens...

The Eggman
coo coo ca joob
T
Gold Member
Gold Member
T
The Eggman,

Well at least Chalice has apparently gotten their AMS-Neve/88R. They had no second thoughts in that area. I kinda don't blame them in canceling a 9000J order, & replacing it with a XL9000K. It seems that over half of the upgrades in the XL9000K that are non-existent in the 9000J are duplicates of what AMS-Neve designed into the '88R' from the outset. I think they(SSL) could tell that AMS-Neve had something good going, & did the smart thing in adding 'me too' items to the 9000 series that have shown up in the XL9000K. I'm still not convinced that I'd use the SSL remote pre.'s over anything else available to us high-end studio clients.

Threshold.

T
Gold Member
Gold Member
T
All,

Well apparently SSL has sold like 16 XL9000K consoles in say three months. Only 3 have been installed. I'll do a recount this weekend on 88R's gone in since then. It's seems as thought sales of 9000J's has come to a halt.
Opinions?

Threshold.

T
T
Quote:
All,

Well apparently SSL has sold like 16 XL9000K consoles in say three months. Only 3 have been installed. I'll do a recount this weekend on 88R's gone in since then. It's seems as thought sales of 9000J's has come to a halt.
Opinions?

Threshold.
Yeah...then you woke up.

The Eggman
coo coo ca joob
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:
All,

Opinions?

Threshold.
Who gives a shit...

IMDB Credit list
President George Washington: "The government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian Religion."
President Abraham Lincoln: "The Bible is not my book, nor Christianity my religion."
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
no fucking shit. this is the most ABSURD thread i think i have seen. frangionis 'A' thread beats this one in usefulness.

alphajerk
FATcompilation
"if god is truly just, i tremble for the fate of my country" -thomas jefferson
T
Gold Member
Gold Member
T
All(whether it be those that care, or don't care),

I don't care if you care, or not! I'm still going to post on this thread unless 'gm' locks it up! It's looking kind of close here, almost neck, & neck between the 88R, & the XL9000K((19 total '88R' orders with 11 of the 19 installed), & (16 total 'XL9000K' orders with 4 of the 16 installed)) . I remember someone here(I think it was 'johnnyvn'.) talking about the 88R going into some studios that were unheard of. On the rebound to that statement, the new XL9000K's are going into rooms that are unheard of as well('Boogie Park Studios', & 'Angel Mountain Studios')with one studio in Nashville, TN that has'nt even been named according to a recent SSL press release. Well I guess that blows the theory of 88R's selling only because they're going into 'no name' studios. Now it's happening in XL9000K land as well.

Threshold.

T
Gold Member
Gold Member
T
'Pimp Daddy "Strange"',

What's the deal with Sony Studios/New York's 88R install? Did they get their desk in yet?

Threshold.

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
the real question is why do YOU care? just watch some sports if you feel the need for competition.

alphajerk
FATcompilation
"if god is truly just, i tremble for the fate of my country" -thomas jefferson
T
Gold Member
Gold Member
T
aj,

What competition? LA is going up against NJ = (Basketball)(You tell me who will be the NBA champ? Duh!), & Carolina's going up against Detroit = (Hockey)('Redwings' are gonna steamroll the 'Hurricanes', & I like the 'Canes').

Threshold.

P
P
Amek-9098 is the best of all new analog consoles.

J
J
Thresh/Crafty/Erupt,

Since you wanted occasional updates, current figures are now that there have been 19 SSL 9000K's sold. Not sure about the 88R's.

J

T
Gold Member
Gold Member
T

T
Gold Member
Gold Member
T
johnnyvn,

88R is right at about the same. I count 17 that I can announce, & at least two I know about but can't blab on them just yet(but you should hear about these clandestine orders, & a few others at AES in October). The ones I can speak on are:

Conway, LA=1
Village, LA=1
Sony, NY=1
Chalice, LA=1
Studios 301, Sydney=1
Sony, Tokyo=3
Central China TV=1
Mossimo Scarpo, Rome=1
XXX, Paris=1
Air, London=1
Barefoot, LA=1
Angel, London=1
Sphere, London=1
Skywalker, Marion County CA=1
TV Asahi, Tokyo=1

A pretty prestigious group of facilities, especially out of London, & LA. I'm really impressed that Skywalker placed an order for an 88R as well(this is a facility that can afford to buy any console on the planet). To my knowledge the Skywalker order was placed after the introduction of the XL9000K, so they could have bought an XL9000K but did'nt(I wonder why because after all the XL9000K is a decent desk? But if I had to make a choice between 88R, & XL9000K I could'nt. The only option for me would be to buy one of both). I expect Nashville, & NY to catch up(as far as placing more 88R orders for those cities) in the near future.

Threshold.

P.S.:How about an XL 9000 K run list from you like the one I just posted for the 88R.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  gm 

Link Copied to Clipboard