I once used your super funky colored EQ on the outboard of a mix years ago. IT was amazing. I could not believe the detail...So why dont' you send me one!!!

Also, YOUR MIXING is always a learning experience for me. How long does it take you to configure a mix generally. do they come fast for you or do you labor over them. I have become tired of laboring and try to get them quickly? When I labor I get board with the mix because even though everythng sounds just peachy it don't kick my ass!
George I wanna Kick ass quickly..tell me how!!

Q #1: WHEN USING OVERHEADS DO YOU PREFER TIGHT CONFIGURATIONS FOR THE MIC'S (MEANING XY...ETC.... OR JUST CLOSE TOGETHER IN ANY FASHION) OR DO YOU LIKE TO SPREAD THEM. I WANT WHAT WILL GIVE THE TIGHEST PHASE COHERANCY AND TIGHTNESS TO THE KIT.

I have many mics and can never decide which I like best? But my overhead sound needs some work I think.

Q#2: The ilusive kick drum sound! I have read everythink I can read including your suggestion about what mic's to use and how, and the pillow...yea, yea...

Does it simply come down to tuning and the drummer or what? Recently I have been using one inside the drum and one just in front of the kick drum and sometimes I put them out of phase and the kick get's big. I've tried three also..one if front, one in back,one inside...there are so many possibilities. I've also used subwoofers in front in conjunction...

So then I end up triggering...so what's the point? So I keep tuning and yelling at drummers! Any knew ideas? And how much low end do you tend to apply to your kick sounds? Do you beef the hell out of them or do you find you have to thin them out to make room for the bass below? Seems to me you can't have both? Meaning, once the instruments are in place in the mix where do you find your kick drum placed in the mix? I'm from Louisiana and when I go hear George Porter of the Meters play live I like the way his bass is way underneath the mix. It's just this big bottom and that way it leaves room for the kick. Just one way but I like this one sometimes. Just brain pickin ya!

Q#3: What is your favorite mic for Toms. Also, do you routinely mic the top and bottom. I have never had the tracks to waste. If you do? I would imagine it makes them quite big espc.if out of phase like with a snare double mic'd?

Q#4: What is your favorite HH mike? How often do you close mic your hat's or does it depend on the drummer for you? Better drummers need less to me.

Q#5: THE BIGGIE! I bought a Genelec subwoofer for my 1030A's. I have been going thru hell trying to get my bass right in my room. I have never mixed on a sub and it's now like hearing the music in three sections to me. THe top, middle, and bottom. So now i'm learing how to mix with this new dimension and it's confusing. How close would you have the subwoofer? The guy at pyramid audio whom I purchased it from said that I should not have it too far away from me. For now it is about 6-8 feet from where I sit at the board and the port is facing away from me and toward the sliding glass window (with curtain closed) which is about 4 feet from the port to the window.
I want to FEEL the bass and the Punch in a big way so that I can get more physical with my mixing.

Any advice. I know it's hard to answer without seeing my room but any old adage's that could help?

MUCO's GRACIOUS!

Senior Fluff-N-Stuff