Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kinda surprised they didn"t announce the dual manual version along with the other pro versions a few months ago.

They announced the SK Pro a full year ago. So even though this would have been in the pipeline, it wouldn't have made sense to pre-announce something that wouldn't be available for over a year. Unless you mean they should have shipped it at the same time as well. Reasons for not doing that could include still having a good amount of SKX in inventory, not having its design completed, not having the resources to build so many new models at the same time. I can usually think of reasons for things, so pretty much nothing surprises me. Except the Spanish Inquisition.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Jeez it"s over a year?! Seems only recently they launched it. Just thought if they launched a few versions they might have revealed the dual manual as well. Yes I guess if the skx was still selling and usually a later launch will allow them to squeeze more life out of the range. I"d imagine it"ll be a whole lot more expensive though going by the existing sk pro prices.
Yamaha MODX8, Legend Live.

Deja vu with those trailers. Wonder who's going to be first to find the leaked PDF spoiler this year?

Ever since I heard the rumours about this two months ago I've been fantasizing about what this would be like. A dual manual board with the flexibility of the Sk-PRO is pretty up my street.

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

Very cool. I assume it will have all the features of the SKPro including monosynth.

I have no negative feelings towards Hammond (I have an SK2), but as far as I'm concerned, there is no point in putting a mono synth on this thing if you don't find a way to add pitch and mod wheels too. I cover that omission with an old Yamaha mcs2, but I would prefer not having to go that route.

there is no point in putting a mono synth on this thing if you don't find a way to add pitch and mod wheels too.
I agree with the sentiment. The single manual SK Pro has pitch/mod, so it would be reasonable to expect this new model to do likewise.

Cheers, Mike.

Be interesting to see if it is an SKpro with 2 manuals? or keep the 2 sets of draw bars and lose the mono synth? or redesign the top panel to fit everything in?

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

Be interesting to see if it is an SKpro with 2 manuals? or keep the 2 sets of draw bars and lose the mono synth? or redesign the top panel to fit everything in?

Someone posted somewhere that it would have been cool if they had allowed 9 of the 10 mono synth sliders to do double duty and be switchable to act as lower manual drawbars, an interesting idea.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Someone posted somewhere that it would have been cool if they had allowed 9 of the 10 mono synth sliders to do double duty and be switchable to act as lower manual drawbars, an interesting idea.

It wasn"t me but I did think it cause it"s what"s done on my Korg Vox Continental, though I"d prefer two sets of draw bars with a button to toggle one set between draw bar messages and synth messages.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

I"d prefer two sets of draw bars with a button to toggle one set between draw bar messages and synth messages.

Yes, I can see where it would be nicer to have extra drawbars that can act as synth controls, rather than synth controls that can act as drawbars. The problem, though, is that the drawbars are bigger, and as it is, all the controls barely fit on a panel that sits over 61 keys.

Yes. But the main improvement of the SKx over the SK2 was the second set of draw bars. Without them it"s an SK2pro. I"ll probably buy one anyway for the key action, but i think my preference would actually be keep the second set of draw bars and lose the mono synth entirely. I guess we"ll know soon enough

In 10 days we will know more. As I heard,, the unit will have two drawbar sets. They are not positioned left and right.

They are positioned front and behind. The weight will be 23 kg. I hope, that these informations are the truth. It is not much.

So we have to wait.

Hammond B3, Leslie 122RV, Viscount Legend JDF, Viscount Legend Live, Viscount Legend Solo, Prophet 6, Moog Little Phatty, Moog Minitaur, Kurzweil SP6, Grand Piano, Hohner Accordeon, etc.

In 10 days we will know more. As I heard,, the unit will have two drawbar sets. They are not positioned left and right.

They are positioned front and behind. The weight will be 23 kg. I hope, that these informations are the truth. It is not much.

So we have to wait.

Very interesting. Particularly the 23 kg weight. Should we expect upper waterfall organ action manual (with two sets of drawbars for two presets) and lower weighted hammer action manual? Like two keyboard rig in one piece - organ at the top and piano at the bottom? That would be a beast, one of a kind!

Yamaha P-515, Korg SV-2 73, Kurzweil PC4-7

Should be a nice unit. I'm happy with my SKx. But the SKx played like doo-doo out of the box because it wasn't set to high trigger point. Once I fixed the setting I got along with it fine. Maybe mine was a onetime anomaly.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

So we have to wait.

Very interesting. Particularly the 23 kg weight. Should we expect upper waterfall organ action manual (with two sets of drawbars for two presets) and lower weighted hammer action manual? Like two keyboard rig in one piece - organ at the top and piano at the bottom? That would be a beast, one of a kind!

Whoa...now that's a thought!

I only played the SK2 once and never picked it up, so I checked the specs: 35 pounds.

In a day and age when most keyboards are going lighter, those intended for gigging anyway--what would account for this being almost 51 pounds? I know the 73-key sk pro is 24 pounds but you wouldn't think a second set of keys (especially if 61) would double that, would you?

Darn teasers!

SK1 (61 keys) was 16 lbs, so the double manual version at 35 lbs was a bit over double.

SK Pro (61 keys) is 20.5 lbs, so a double manual version at the same percent increase would hit about 45 lbs. But if they are putting one set of drawbars behind the other, that could mean a deeper panel, deeper chassis relative to the 61 (compared to what it was on the SK1) which could add some more weight. So there's one possible explanation...

Viscount Legend Live is 18 kg same as Crumar Mojo Suitcase and Nord C2D is (was) 16 kg. Hammond Skx around 17 kg. 23 kg seemed quite a lot, so the idea of weighted lower manual came to my mind :) I meant 61-key manuals.

Yamaha P-515, Korg SV-2 73, Kurzweil PC4-7

Should we expect upper waterfall organ action manual (with two sets of drawbars for two presets) and lower weighted hammer action manual? Like two keyboard rig in one piece - organ at the top and piano at the bottom? That would be a beast, one of a kind!

There was a controller like that a few years ago, the Orla JamKey, but they fell flat.

An instrument like this, in the hands of someone like Guido, Andrea & Co would be fantastic. Mojo on top, Seven on the bottom. Very niche, but wow.

Here for the gear.

Someone posted that they "heard" the SKPro weighs 23 kgs. I'll wait for a more confirmable source. That weight figure doesn't make much sense if all they did was expand the chassis enough to make room for the synth controls. And weighted keys underneath would probably mean an even heavier weight. 23 kg is kind of a perplexing middle ground.

I used to pine for the mythical organ/piano combined keyboard, but now when I think about the combined weight and bulk, I'd rather just deal with the logistics of two separate units. There's many advantages to that, one of which is that you can get the weighted action you prefer rather than the one the manufacturer is able to work into the unit.

• Like 1

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Someone posted that they "heard" the SKPro weighs 23 kgs. I'll wait for a more confirmable source.

It's also possible that the figure could be shipping weight.

Someone posted that they "heard" the SKPro weighs 23 kgs. I'll wait for a more confirmable source. That weight figure doesn't make much sense if all they did was expand the chassis enough to make room for the synth controls. And weighted keys underneath would probably mean an even heavier weight. 23 kg is kind of a perplexing middle ground.

I used to pine for the mythical organ/piano combined keyboard, but now when I think about the combined weight and bulk, I'd rather just deal with the logistics of two separate units. There's many advantages to that, one of which is that you can get the weighted action you prefer rather than the one the manufacturer is able to work into the unit.

Argh, that's the problem with the internet, "I'm taking a guess" turns into "I heard" and then into "Why is the weight 23KG?" :D

The other benefit of two keyboards is: if one goes belly up for some reason. It hasn't happened often to me but it has happened (I suspect due to power issues at certain venues.)

Joining the crowd eager for clarification on the weight. The SK2 weight is "just right" IMO for a gig-able dual manual. (Note: I recognize how spoiled we are... we're just a handful of decades removed from the only dual manual options weighing literally ten times the SK2!)