Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Something I thought was funny today

Sharkman

At the gym I work out at, they have music playing throughout the gym, including the locker room. Usually it's Top 40 stuff, but sometimes, like this afternoon, they play some classic rock. Tom Petty's "Running Down a Dream" was playing, and while I have a really flat awful sounding singing voice, this is one of the very few songs that I can actually sing out loud and sound good. So I was singing out loud, sounding just like Tom Petty, when some guy looked at me, pointed up to the speaker in the ceiling, and asked "Is that you?" I looked at him, smiled, and said "Yep", then kept walking out of the locker room. Obviously, that guy had no idea who Tom Petty is/was, so I didn't mind having some fun. I told my friend Greg (an excellent singer and guitarist) about it, and we both had a good laugh. Has anything like that ever happened to any of you?
I rock; therefore, I am.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharkman, I think Petty sounds a lot like Dylan. Do you agree? If so, maybe you could put a few of their tunes in your set list. I'll bet you could sing some of the Traveling Wilburys stuff that they both sang on...I love their vocals...

:cool:

Take care, Larryz

While I sing quite well, I don"t really sound anything like anybody famous.

OTOH, I was walking down the street to a nightclub at SXSW one time, and a drunk guy asked me if I was Mario Van Peebles.

Did I mention he was drunk?

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Long ago and far away, I was identified multiple times as being Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull.

Was probably my hair and beard at the time more than anything else, I certainly didn't dress like him and still wonder why somebody would think Ian Anderson would be walking around in Fresno CA?

So it goes...

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.