Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

cool new effects

I have to admit, I'm impressed. This is definitely something I would use.

The Infinite Sample Sustainer does some of what the Hologram Infinite Jets does, in that it captures or freezes a short Sample of your sound, and holds it. It also appears from the video the at least some of the internal DSP effects are also applied to your Input signal, and not just the Sampled sound? Not certain of that.

The ISS offers some more conventional treatments for your Samples than the IJ, in terms of Mod & Reverb FX, which may be more suited to more players' styles than the IJ's DSP. I haven't ever used the Toneprint app, nor any of the TC Toneprint pedals, so I can't really address that feature, but it looks impressive, and flexible. FWIW, 3 Toneprint (TP) User Memory slots is 1 more User Memory than you get with the Infinite Jets.

For the small footprint, the ISS offers a lot more in terms of control than the EHX Freeze, and the S/R is a VERY cool feature. If I didn't already have the IJ, I'd be more tempted by the ISS.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

The Infinite Sample Sustainer does some of what the Hologram Infinite Jets does, in that it captures or freezes a short Sample of your sound, and holds it. It also appears from the video the at least some of the internal DSP effects are also applied to your Input signal, and not just the Sampled sound? Not certain of that.

The ISS offers some more conventional treatments for your Samples than the IJ, in terms of Mod & Reverb FX, which may be more suited to more players' styles than the IJ's DSP. I haven't ever used the Toneprint app, nor any of the TC Toneprint pedals, so I can't really address that feature, but it looks impressive, and flexible. FWIW, 3 Toneprint (TP) User Memory slots is 1 more User Memory than you get with the Infinite Jets.

For the small footprint, the ISS offers a lot more in terms of control than the EHX Freeze, and the S/R is a VERY cool feature. If I didn't already have the IJ, I'd be more tempted by the ISS.

I've used Toneprint to add sounds to my TC Flashback X4 delay pedal. All the chorus sounds I was able to dial in my self left me wanting something I liked better.

I found a lush chorus sound in the Toneprint library, installed it and it increased the versatility of my Flashback for my purposes. I need to go back in and see what's new, Toneprint is set up as a work in progress with new sounds being uploaded. Most of the time my default delay is a single instance of a clean, clear delay with tap tempo providing the variations from slapback to a long echo. In the context of the bands I've played with, adding feedback just makes a mushy bunch of clutter echos. Would be different in a 3 piece.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

JEALOUS!

When did you get THAT?

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

If I didn't already have the IJ, I'd be more tempted by the ISS.

JEALOUS!

When did you get THAT?

Are you asking about the Infinite Jets? I got the IJ a while back, before the holiday season even started. Further details forthcoming in PM.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of the Side Step, would love to audition one IRL. Didn't someone make an EXP Controller with multiple Out Jacks? I could use one with five or six . . .

Could not see the point of the Sports Almanac video? I got an insert box showing me some other device, superimposed over the part of the video where the guy is turning the knobs on what I assume is the Sports Almanac pedal, so I couldn't even see what he was doing. No explanation of the pedal, what it's supposed to be, or how it works?

There've been a couple of other "Theremin" pedals. Z.Vex made one that was triggered by your foot, and HiWatt briefly made a small dome-shaped Theremin device. The HiWatt was more of a toy than an instrument, but it was an interesting toy.

18 hours ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

Wellllllll…

Sounded kinda theremin-y.  And something was going on under that popup.

And so does my Korg MS20 when played with a lot of portamento, in fact any sine wave source which glides from note to note. But a real Theremin uses body proximity to control pitch (usually) or some other parameter, and it's that control via body capacitance that constitutes the unique aspect of what a Theremin is. I just wish that pedal didn't misuse the name, maybe the "Pitch to Voltage Controlled Oscillator" pedal might have a special ring to it.

• Like 1
Scott Fraser

I went to Youtube to see if I could get a better look, but again, that insert box came up, showing another device, the Time Box, again blocking my view of whatever they're doing with the demo Pedal?

Tried looking for more info elsewhere. The website is minimal, no product descriptions, no links to Manuals, no real useful info, and not much else online. Apparently, one of their specialties is using toy cars as enclosures for their effects pedals.

@Scott Fraser- Try assigning the Internal Wave Pedal on your GT-10 to control the Pedal Bend effect, with the Wave Synth going into it. Should get you close to that sound . . .

I just ordered the new Supro Flanger pedal as I found one on the cheap and like what I've heard in audio demos. A very different beast from the famous MXR pedal, which I already own. But I like to use different pedals on guitar vs. bass vs. keys, so the Supro may find different duties, especially as it has stereo output. It's a fairly subtle pedal.

• Like 1

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

On 1/28/2022 at 7:30 AM, Winston Psmith said:

I like the idea of the Side Step, would love to audition one IRL. Didn't someone make an EXP Controller with multiple Out Jacks? I could use one with five or six . . .

Could not see the point of the Sports Almanac video? I got an insert box showing me some other device, superimposed over the part of the video where the guy is turning the knobs on what I assume is the Sports Almanac pedal, so I couldn't even see what he was doing. No explanation of the pedal, what it's supposed to be, or how it works?

There've been a couple of other "Theremin" pedals. Z.Vex made one that was triggered by your foot, and HiWatt briefly made a small dome-shaped Theremin device. The HiWatt was more of a toy than an instrument, but it was an interesting toy.

I personally have an Electro-Faustus optical Theremin pedal.  It’s triggered by how much light hits the photovoltaic cell.

Not the easiest thing to control, no surprise.   And I have no idea how you’d use one on a typical darkened stage.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

That Photo Theremin better be cheaper than the Mini Theremin to be worth bothering with! Sounds like too much trouble!

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I compared the new Supro Flanger to the MXR tonight, and they are worlds apart. The MXR is essential for the jet airplane sound, but it completely colors the guitar and makes it very bass-heavy. Which can be OK depending on the application. But the Supro pedal, even in mono output mode and with the special cross-channel dimension switch engaged, is completely transparent and lets through the original timbre of the guitar. But on a single-coil Strat, it is quite noisy. I haven’t tried it yet on a Les Paul.

It isn’t possible to dial in the extreme MXR Flanger settings, but on more moderate settings, I prefer the Supro as warmer, more musical, and more variable and interesting in its modulation. I almost bought the Supro Tremolo pedal a couple of years ago, but ended up with the tube-enhanced Fender pedal instead, which is very different sounding but is musical at ANY setting. I love it!

As for flanging duties going forward, I use the TC Electronic SCF on bass (also for chorusing), but find it too sterile on guitar. I'll probably use the Supro now, with the MXR reserved for when I need that jet airplane sound.

1 hour ago, Mark Schmieder said:

IAs for flanging duties going forward, I use the TC Electronic SCF on bass (also for chorusing), but find it too sterile on guitar.

I have one of those as well - love it to bits.  I use mine on my acoustic/electric (Fender Newporter).

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

7 hours ago, Mark Schmieder said:

The MXR is essential for the jet airplane sound, but it completely colors the guitar and makes it very bass-heavy. Which can be OK depending on the application.

A classic Treble Booster placed in front of its input, or whatever overdrive/distortion stomps you might be using, could really help there; I'd highly recommend the Fulltone Custom Shop Ranger, in spite of Mr. Fuller's unpopular reputation (buy a used specimen if that weighs on you). You can really tighten-up the flub and fine-tune the character of your tone with it! (I have both that and an all-original 1979 MXR M-117 Flanger.)

7 hours ago, Mark Schmieder said:

As for flanging duties going forward, I use the TC Electronic SCF on bass (also for chorusing), but find it too sterile on guitar. I'll probably use the Supro now, with the MXR reserved for when I need that jet airplane sound.

Excellent choices! You have two of the three classic flangers that I have and love- the MXR M-117 and the TC E SC/F. I also have an old original MIJ Arion SFL-1 Stereo Flanger; I bet you'd like that one, too.

6 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

I have one of those as well - love it to bits.  I use mine on my acoustic/electric (Fender Newporter).

Oh, man! The TC E SC/F excels at acoustic/electric guitar (or bass, or... ) duties! If you ever have the means to apply it only to a plate-styled reverb, leaving your acoustic/electric guitar's direct-signal UN-chorused, you will LOVE IT!!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

5 hours ago, Caevan OShite said:

Oh, man! The TC E SC/F excels at acoustic/electric guitar (or bass, or... ) duties! If you ever have the means to apply it only to a plate-styled reverb, leaving your acoustic/electric guitar's direct-signal UN-chorused, you will LOVE IT!!

Couldn’t agree more! 😎

dB

9B2F1B6D-46FC-47BA-B38C-2CC8D9FF52B9.jpeg

• Like 2

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I had the Arion Flanger back in the day, and still love the recordings I made with it, not quite being able to match those settings on anything I've owned since.

• Like 1

Wow, great suggestion on the TC SCF on acousto-electric guitar with reverb! I hadn't thought of trying that yet!

• Like 2

I'll be very curious to see, and hear, the most recent SCF RI.

Not long ago, TC had re-packaged the Corona Chorus as the Corona Chorus+, which looked very much like a compact version of the SCF, with the sounds of the original available as Toneprint settings. I'm hoping the latest RI isn't just another re-packaging, but rather, a return to the original Analog design. FWIW, Behringer/TCE claim that it is.

BTW, Behringer, who now owns and controls TCE, is the only current producer of BBD's, AFAIK? There's a not-too-recent video from JHS, where the owner talks about how every manufacturer, everywhere, including JHS, is using the same Behringer BBD's, because Behringer is the only supplier in town.

• Like 1

TCE also now has an Analog Delay pedal that is in large Bucket Brigade format, but whose audio demos did not impress me to the level that I expected given the pedigree. I user the Moog Minifooger Analog Delay these days, having sold my Memory man Deluxe as I found it too twitchy for studio use.

I had a feeling many, if not all, manufacturers are using the same BBD now, but didn't realize Behringer is the primary or sole supplier! How the world changes!