Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

It's About Time - End of Year/Holiday Virtual Hang!

Sam and I have discussed it extensively, and we decided that a week from tomorrow, Thursday the 30th of December, aka New Year's Eve Eve, would be the best day to have the final Virtual KC Forum Hang of 2021. Wear your festive holiday stuff, show us what you got for Listmas or Tsannukah or Quantas or whatever or anything since the last time we got together (it's been a while, I admit), raise a glass, and just have some fun with your fellow KCers. Please pass on the word to any KCers who may not attend here regularly, and it's even cool if folks like Ed Diaz join in. ;)

As always, the instructions are here clonk but here they are for reference.

We'll use the following Zoom meeting link: https://cornell.zoom.us/j/94185593517 or you can enter the meeting ID 941 8559 3517 upon firing up Zoom.

You will need a password to enter because bots like to scrape the internet for open Zoom meeting links and ruin everyone's day.

The password is "clonk" with a capital C and a zero in place of the letter o.

Oh, you wanna know what time?

Our prime slot is 6 pm Pacific. 6 pm Pacific appears to be 1 pm in Sydney so maybe those Done Over can join at that time as well.

We also will start things at 11 am Central (6 pm Rome, 5 pm London) as a time for our European friends and hopefully some of us in the U.S. will join early.

Reply in this thread to keep it bumped so people will see it! :rocker:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be fun. I will try to jump in if I can maneuver around the family.

Same here. We have a crew coming in from Colorado all next week, but I hope to be able to jump on sometime in there.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I got some replies from some who don't frequent here too often but you'll know them when/if they show up. :)

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I may try to connect at the "European" time, but the last two or three times nobody was around... more likely, at the "American" time, I guess there will be some good action. If I am able to keep the old eyes open, I'll take a peek at that time.

Fun! No guarantees here since I'm back up in the wilderness with intermittent satellite internet through Jan. 9th, but hopefully I can hop on for a few minutes.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Count me in!

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

so, two separate times, one at . . . *does math* . . . 12pm EST and the other at 9pm EST? Or is the room up all day starting at 12pm EST with those two times (12 and 9) as sort of targets for a critical mass of folks?

Usually works out to be the latter.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I'll be at a gig, which is pretty surreal considering our case numbers. Thankfully for once I'm glad Florida won't have cold weather, it should be outside (with a single person bathroom reached from the outside, yay!) so I can avoid the plague monkeys.

We had a good crowd for the earlier sesh, and 12 of us are online right now, including a few that don't frequent here very much. Come hang!