Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Merry Christmas you happy; pickers,

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the best to Everybody!!!!

Today is my day, the Winter Solstice. The days begin getting longer now, this is the shortest daylight cycle. Down in Fresno CA, I didn't care so much. Up here farther from the equator, it matters.

Peace, Kuru :)

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Kuru, according to wunderground.com, the weather website that I go to, both today, Tuesday, December 21st and tomorrow, Wednesday, December 22nd, have the exact amount of daylight, right down to the second. So if that is also true at your longitude and latitude, then you get two days of Winter Solstice instead of just one. As for everyone else, I hope you all have a great Christmas. I don't say merry, because it is a word I never use for anything beside Christmas and Robin Hood's group.
I rock; therefore, I am.

Kuru, according to wunderground.com, the weather website that I go to, both today, Tuesday, December 21st and tomorrow, Wednesday, December 22nd, have the exact amount of daylight, right down to the second. So if that is also true at your longitude and latitude, then you get two days of Winter Solstice instead of just one. As for everyone else, I hope you all have a great Christmas. I don't say merry, because it is a word I never use for anything beside Christmas and Robin Hood's group.

Thanks Sharkman, that's a bit freaky - how they are able to calculate these things so accurately is beyond me.

I always try to give myself a Christmas present. On a tight budget this year but I think I did good. Paid for a professional set up on my Ibanez J series. Merry Christmas to me and everyone else. :)

As a guitar tech, I applaud your choice! So many players never get to really appreciate how nice their guitar could be if it was properly set up. I even have friends who have developed unfortunate habits trying to overcome high action and poor intonation. Buying a guitar is the first step, getting it set up is part of the deal.

Merry Christmas!