Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Thankful for

Happy Thanksgiving, ya'll!

1. Healthy. Doesn't really matter where you're at in the vaccine perspectives, if you're hospitalized or worse. I'm thankful I and all my loved ones are healthy right now.

2. Working. A lot of friends and associates are underemployed. Thankful in realizing I'm fortunate to have a day job that pays me well and provides opportunities to have influence, and pays me much better than I deserve.

3. Playing. Like for many of us, playing has been a balm to the soul. Thankful for a ray of light and joy that I can also share with audiences.

4. Chatting with ya'll. Been here on this forum through lean and fat years. Thankful for this community, many of whom I count as friends.

5. Married. Never thought I'd get married again, much less to someone who makes me a better man. Thankful for the gift, and the years to come.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brotha Tim, we've been here for years and overall it's still blast. Glad all is well on your front. :thu:

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day in food and fellowship with family and friends or a low key affair or in quiet solitude.

However you choose to spend today, be thankful for your life, health, strength, loved ones and music. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I try to practice gratitude every day. My late wife taught me that.

I'm thankful for this forum, for it has taught me much. And I enjoy the chat.

I'm thankful that I'm in reasonably good health, for an old man. All the usual aches and pains and other annoyances, but on the whole I'm glad to be alive and grateful that I get to play live music with good bands, even at my advanced age.

I'm retired and thankful that I'm financially well-off so I can afford to buy gear without sweating it too much. I could afford to buy a Nord Electro 6D, but my 5D serves me well and I don't think there's anything about the 6D that I really need. And I have 6 other keyboards already, so I'm thankful for that. And for the 6 saxes. And the 3 wind synths. And 2 guitars. And speakers. And PA. And stands.

I'm thankful that I can get pretty good organ sounds with rotary effect and drawbars and good pianos and a Wurly in a lightweight electronic board. And thankful for lightweight speakers.

I'm thankful I live in a nice house that's paid off, that's right next to the ocean in a moderate climate, and I have a good dog to keep me company.

I'm thankful that I still can get some joy out of life and have good times, play good music, eat good food, drink good wine, and get together with family and friends.

These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

Programs that simply RUN, once you have finished the installation that comes from clicking the .pkg icon! Hooray for companies who do this! AAS & Cherry Audio, I'm waving at you! :wave:

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

My wife and my son still love.me.

I am still relatively healthy, have fresh food, clean water and a dry, comfortable house to live in.

My voice can still be used to bring the world to those who cannot see.

The rest is gravy.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

www.wjwcreative.com

www.linkedin.com/in/wjwilcox

(breaking a rule here) God's mercy.

Successful, virtuous sons.

Many supportive friends, honest enough to let me know when I am wrong.

Lots of wonderful musical toys, and the ability to express emotion through them.

Stable job with sufficient income to live comfortably and own the above toys.

Potable water to shower in. Air conditioning in summer, heat in the winter. A mini-van with air conditioning and heat.

An amazing variety of foods to choose from, arguably more than emperors of past centuries.

The sense of community I find in the strangest places, such as a keyboard players' forum.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Thankful for family, a small circle of good friends, and many I've come to know here. Thankful for work, which picked up again in 2021.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Health is overall quite good. My right foot reconstruction surgery has healed to the point that I can return to my "sanity walks". That's been quite an eye opening ordeal, so glad there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I am grateful beyond words for family and friends, so much love.

My long term plans to transition to a more fruitful, artistic life are going fairly well, it will take time and some work to get to where I want to be and it will never be a stable existence but I need to go there.

I am thankful for the opportunities that seem to come in the nick of time.

Enjoy, life is sweet!!!!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Most importantly my Wife - married 40 years, been together 52.

Every one of the seven annual checkups post 2104 radiation for prostate cancer shows the PSA number at a normal level.

40 and 48 with my wonderful wife in April 2022.

That's encouraging words about PSA. My number is high and I'm having a biopsy December 7. I'm hoping I'm in the 75% cancer-free group, but your experience makes the alternative not so daunting. Thanks for the encouraging words.

www.wjwcreative.com

www.linkedin.com/in/wjwilcox

The same kinds of things as said above. Despite me being around here a little less (I still haven't gotten back in the habit as much after the move), I really dig the hang with you guys. Even if I have a ton more gear than I need because of you! :laugh:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI