Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

need advice on Apex 2nd tier

kelp

I use an Apex AX-48 with one set of arms. Being a taller player, they are set pretty high up. Right now I've got a single board - a Nord Lead A1, but with an Akai MPX8 sample player affixed to the top right-hand side.

I'm thinking of picking up a Reface YC, but am wondering how I'd incorporate it into the setup. If I put it above, lowering the Nord slightly, it seems like it would obscure the Akai pads and possibly the Nord controls (I assume I'd put that on longer arms and pull it forward). If I put it below, it seems it wouldn't be wide enough for the longer arms (and I also wonder if it'd look odd).

Anybody have advice or a similar setup?

Roland Fantom 06; Yamaha P-125; QSC K10; Cubase 13 Pro; Windows 10

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I, too, have a single set of arms that are pretty high up. :D

What Nord do you have? Mine has enough room that I would probably thinking about mounting something like a Reface YC to it with velcro.

If you mount it below the Nord, you'll probably need to make a shelf. Whatever you do, keep your main board at an ergonomic height.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Thanks. I have the Nord Lead A1 and am using that right hand casing "real estate" for a little Akai sampler.

But I need to reconsider how much I gain in adding the Reface. What you say rings true - I can't compromise the ergonomics of the main board. I think I'm probably moving away from the Reface idea.

Roland Fantom 06; Yamaha P-125; QSC K10; Cubase 13 Pro; Windows 10