Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

I haven't owned or played one in over 25 years. Something to jam with my GF when she plays her guitar.

Stiletto-front.jpgStiletto-angle.jpg

GK-MB112.jpg

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

Pigments 3 from Arturia!

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

TC Electronics Hall of Fame reverb pedal. I now have the external clone wheel chain trifecta of Lounsberry Tall & Fat, Ventilator 2 and Hall of Fame reverb to chain out of my Nord Stage 3, Fantom 8 and Legend Live if I want them.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

Hello, I wanted to wish everyone a happy thanksgiving. After squandering 2020 due to being upset I started to make some upgrades this year - these are the things I purchased since the winter. - traded my Korg Krome in towards a Korg Nautlius 61 key- I really like it as I am a long time Korg fan. For recording I changed to a Presonus USB 26c interface- I was please with how the preamps were (Steinberg formerly), using Studio One 5 Professional and am enjoying it (used Mixcraft before).

I went with a Arturia KeyLabmkII 61 controller, it works well with Studio One. - some of the bundled software across the items was good UVI Pianos (added Organs), Arturia pianos and analog lab.

For Black Friday I updated my Izoptpe Ozone standard to advanced in a bundle that was on sale.

After I saw this video today, I grabbed a copy of Animoog Z ( free), but also purchased the unlock for the editor.

Great fun, will hook up my Seaboard Block and Uno Synth Pro later and do some experimentation.

[video:youtube]

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

another behringer poly d

Interesting. I purchased one at the new low price point from Uncle Jeff with a 10 week (yes, you read that correctly) return policy. Really considering purchasing a second since the price is so low. Loving it so far.

edit : just saw the price has gone back up to $769.00. Never mind. :(

:nopity:

I picked up the Cubase Pro 10.5 to 11 upgrade (which will be automatically upgraded to V12 with the new licensing for free next year) and an update to Sonarworks Reference 4 to SoundID on discount, which will be useful as I plan to update my OS from Catalina within the year.

I also ended up purchasing some new virtual instruments to fill out my very limited library.

• EastWest Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition at $499 plus the content hard drive as I have no hope of downloading nearly a terabyte of data on my internet
  • Vienna Symphonic Library Blüthner 1895 Grand, Standard Edition - people here and elsewhere seem to be big fans of the VSL pianos and this was on sale. I almost bought Noire but this sounded a little more natural (Noire is pretty good though).
  • AcousticSamples Academic Grand - I also have a scaled-down version of this in my Motif XF thanks to GospelMusicians, and I like the idea of being able to take the same sound out on gigs that is used in my recordings, plus it just sounds great.
  • XLN XO for sample management and arranging into basic drum kits
  • 3 more Addictive Drums 2 kits (Session Percussion, Modern Jazz Sticks, and Funk)

Now I just need to buy a dedicated recording project external drive and backup drives for it and my samples SSD.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I got my second upgrade kit from Microphone Parts.

This one uses a Groove Tubes GT-55 as a "donor mic". The capsule is an RK12, a modern version of the capsule in the legendary AKG C12 microphone (those are now made of unobtainium).

The circuit board is transformer based and I chose the option for the transformer that produces the most second order harmonics. I'll be building it over the next few weeks, looking forward to having it in the mic selection.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Took advantage of the Open Studio Friday Sale and upgraded to the Open Studio Pro membership so now I have access to all classes not just piano like I had before, plus all the workshops and masterclasses they have for Open Studio Pro members only. w00t-w00t!

1 Glyph 2TB hard drive for music production projects, and two 2TB LaCie drives to back up my new project drive and samples drive.

Revoice Pro 4.3

Vienna Ensemble Pro 7

2 Antelope Audio Verge SDC's

1 Electro-Voice ND86 dynamic mic - gift for a singer friend

4 Pig Hog 1/4" cables so I can have my studio still connected up when the gig rig is packed

A few USB-C to USB-C and USB-B cables.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Eventide Precision Time Align plugin is $29.99, usually 99.99. Allows quick, accurate phase alignment of tracks in your DAW. Great tool.

And, Value Village had a complete, working Roland HD-1 V-Drums Lite set for $152 out the door. MIDI out so I should be able to play all the sounds on my Handsonic and DAW too.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished building the new T-67 kit from Microphone-Parts, it sounds fantastic.

And... UPS just dropped off a set of 3 Audio Technica AT841UG omni condenser boundary mics. Snagged those on the cheap, a "victim" auction on eBay - $53 including tax and shipping. Cords included, will be testing them later today.

Slightly OT: a set of Ape Lab Light Cans for the band. Small, bright, battery-powered LED fixtures that form a wi-fi mesh, and can coordinate in non-obvious ways which are fun to watch. Just bought a set of their Maxi lights, so we'll be 100% battery powered for stage lights + simple automated show. I like them because they are well-designed and not cheaply made.

2546.jpg.1ac9273a14614f807a957e789953bb12.jpg

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Just finished building the new T-67 kit from Microphone-Parts, it sounds fantastic.

And... UPS just dropped off a set of 3 Audio Technica AT841UG omni condenser boundary mics. Snagged those on the cheap, a "victim" auction on eBay - $53 including tax and shipping. Cords included, will be testing them later today.

Tested them, they all work fine and sound good.

And, I bought and built a different Microphone-Parts kit - the T-67. It worked right off the bat, sounds fantastic.

I will return to my GT-55 mod soon, looks like it will get built into an MXL 2006 BP body instead.

Also I got a 15 euro HDMI to Usb converter which can properly take a HD cam's video directly in a computer or pad to use for recording or web use.

That sounds cool. I didn't know they could be so affordable. Who makes that?

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

8DIO finally got me. They've been having sales where if you spend X dollars you get some product free. The X dollars has depended on the product, for one of their huge choirs it was quite a bit. Right now it's a solo viola and that's an instrument I don't have....so because everything they have is 60% off, I got the New Century Strings 2.0 Sordina version. Both for 139 bucks of gig money I had sitting in my paypal account :) I went with the Sordino (muted) version because I like doing ambient/laid back pieces vs big epic scores. I heard it described as the Thomas Newman string sound....sounds darn good to me if so!

Roland MC-707 was discounted during the Black Friday-Cyber Monday period, so I got one. The greater number of knobs, buttons, etc. compared to the little brother MC-101 makes the UI feel more luxurious, although there's still a learning curve due some things hidden under menus and sub-menus. A beloved local coffee shop closed last year, and reopened this year with a weekly open mic night, which has inspired me to put together a short live set incorporating groovebox and live playing on electric violin and whatever else I decide to play live. I will most likely export my finished MC-707 projects to the MC-101 for live shows, unless I identify MC-707 specific functions that I deem indispensable for the live show. I just want to play at the open mic to encourage them to keep it going, as there have been some nights were one or two people played and that's it, and also a couple of night where nobody played.

NS Design NXT-5a Fretted Electric Violin - also picked up on sale. Frets aside, it's definitely a step up from my Yamaha YEV-105 electric violin, which has a high output level and requires external gear like EQ and/or compressor/limiter to tame its level and tone in a band mix. My bandmates consider to be aggressive sounding instrument. The NXT-5a's pickup system is superior with it's tone and volume controls, and hybrid passive/active (USB charged) electronics. I wasn't sold on fretted violins before, otherwise I would have skipped the entry-level YEV-105 and save up for the fretted NXT-5a right off the bat. But it's surprisingly easy to play glissando on the NXT-5a - it's just like playing slide on a fretted guitar. Vibrato is no trouble at all, because the principle works the same whether or not frets are there. Overall, having the frets is a net gain for me, as they take out much of the guesswork for locating pitches, make double-stops so much easier to play, and the frets let me get a ringing sustain like strumming notes on a mandolin.

Throw a heavy-duty beach sandal at my head and make me not buy a Cherry Audio QUADRA. I don't need it; I can already do all it offers within Logic & my hefty libraries; and it understandably lacks user WAV import per section, as its aimed squarely at being an accurate ARP. I love the 4-section design and CA's flexible effects implementation, though. Must be the color scheme. :rimshot:

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

Throw a heavy-duty beach sandal at my head and make me not buy a Cherry Audio QUADRA. I don't need it; I can already do all it offers within Logic & my hefty libraries; and it understandably lacks user WAV import per section, as its aimed squarely at being an accurate ARP. I love the 4-section design and CA's flexible effects implementation, though. Must be the color scheme. :rimshot:

Buy the Quadra!! I don't play keyboards and I bought it, therefore everybody needs one. Plus, buttons and sliders instead of knobs. :)