Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Name my band!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Codex

Lurid

Mank

Camo Glitter

Lumbering Ox

Hint

Space Nature

Plump Peter & The Doublewides

Little Brother

Attack Flowers

Purgatory Portals

Ramp!

Formal Sweat Pants

Bounce Back

Stainless Stolen

Absence

The Bad Luck Charms

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I guess the end of this forum is finally near.  It lasted much longer than anyone had expected. The Lowdown was probably the last place on the web where people were decent to each other and kept our focus away from the things in this world that cause augments except for the fact that the P Bass is far superior to the Jazz.

Nice knowing most of you.

My last recollection of the Band Names post was at about 14.5M views.  My own contribution was about 5900 names.Band Names.txt

11 hours ago, butcherNburn said:

Well, I guess the end of this forum is finally near.  It lasted much longer than anyone had expected. The Lowdown was probably the last place on the web where people were decent to each other and kept our focus away from the things in this world that cause augments except for the fact that the P Bass is far superior to the Jazz.

Nice knowing most of you.

My last recollection of the Band Names post was at about 14.5M views.  My own contribution was about 5900 names.Band Names.txt

For some reason you have this strange idea that the Lowdown is going away. 

It isn't. Carry on! :- )

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

The lack of activity over the past few years has not been encouraging and I always felt we are just a server update away from being gone. 

Aversion

Cry O'Genic

The Squeak Toys

Genetic Disaster

Cat Atrophy

Trash Fire

Creepy Crud

23 minutes ago, butcherNburn said:

The lack of activity over the past few years has not been encouraging and I always felt we are just a server update away from being gone. 

Aversion

Cry O'Genic

The Squeak Toys

Genetic Disaster

Cat Atrophy

Trash Fire

Creepy Crud

I get what you are saying and why. MPN just moved from an HTTP format to HTTPS and then to a service that can actually handle HTTPS. This opens a lot of options. 

In some fundamental ways, this is a unique music site. Unlike another famous site, people are for the most part very civil here and the sort of  bickering that goes on elsewhere gets nipped in the bud quickly. 

In other words, it's pretty classy here and that isn't common. 

Tape Op has a great, civil forum on Creative Recording but no Keyboards, Guitars, Basses, Drums etc. We even have a place for Photographers and a catch-all forum with Craig Anderton - who's been there and done that. 

TalkBass is pretty cool, if you play bass. It's not the place to go for other stuff. 

The Les Paul forum is good if you love Les Pauls and "nibs", I've seen a fair bit of unseemly conduct on there sometimes and personally I'm not a Les Paul fan (so shoot me!!!). 

Yes, it's kinda sleep around here. Having been through the last couple of years and seeing the frequent log-in blockages and overall primitive interwebz capabilities, I'm not surprised that folks went elsewhere. 

I'm thinking we can go to some of these other sites, make friends and then pass out some invitations. We can grow this place into something really special if we put a little effort in now. I don't think it's done by any means, there are folks here who've been here for decades and do not plan on leaving any time soon. 

If guys like you and me just do a little bit here and there to grow this site, it will happen. Cheers, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I would not want to imply anything negative about the management of this place, tech or otherwise.  The people here have always been good.

I'll keep posting my nonsense even if it doesn't amount to much.

Gilda Cage

The Prosthetic Heads

Elf Gratification

Ice Rage

Dirt Salad

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...