Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

It still works (old Digitech GNX2)

It has been shelved for 10 years or so. So I was cleaning up my shed, and I pulled the case down from the shelf and brought it in the house to see if it still works. I plugged it in to see if it still had my presets loaded and it does. There is a battery inside that saves the custom presets. I have not plugged it to an amp yet, but I will when I get the time. I am surprised. :idk:

https://www.digitech.com/discontinued-products/GNX2-.html

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good! I'm glad to hear it! And I hope you get a lot of good use out of it and really enjoy it.

Unfortunately, my old DigiTech GNX4 is not working- and I'm not sure I can get it repaired anywhere any more. DigiTech had EXCELLENT customer service and support, exceeding expectations- but they are apparently gone now.

I had some unusual patches programmed on my GNX4 that I'd love to still have at my disposal- things where I'd effectively programmed parameters WRONG and gotten weird results that I really liked. I didn't use its overdriven and distorted amp models much, preferring to use some of its clean amp models with some of my favorite pedals placed before and after the GNX4. Used in conjunction with my real pedals and real-live tube-amps, it gave me a versatile 'poor man's multi-amp rig' with a stereo PA and monitors. Also great for home headphone playing! It had some awesome, very flexible I/O, too. Currently, my Strymon Iridium serves some of the same purposes, and its amp modeling/speaker and mic and room Impulse Responses are quite superior. Still, that GNX4 largely lived up to DigiTech's description of it as a "Guitar Workstation".

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Digitech made very nice stuff for their time, it still sounds good. Other stuff may sound "gooder" but your GNX4 is essentially free at this point.

My brother has some Digitech stuff, he's never used it so I don't know if it works. One single rack space, one double and a floor controller with lots of foot switches. Probably a very nice system that will never be used. I could have had all that stuff but I didn't want to ship it and don't really need any of it. Being practical (lazy), my go-to is amps with built in effects. That is not going to change, I'm done with pedals for the most part.

Internal batteries are concerning, consider checking on yours and changing it.

When they leak corrosion they can ruin an otherwise useful goodie.

I have a small but mighty Digitech Element MP, it's fun to play with and you could do a gig with just that if you don't need too many different sounds on the fly. My minimum is one clean-ish, one cleanish with modulation (rotary preferred), and one overdirven lead sound. The Element has 2 foot switches so that could work, cleanish in the middle, overdrive one stomp up from there and cleanish with modulation one stomp down from cleanish.

Have fun DBM!!!!!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I still have my GSP 21 Pro. I bought it around 1990-91, whenever it was when it first came out. It's been racked since around 93. Works just fine. :thu:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

@Kuru & Bic,The GNX2 is my second Digitech modeler, I also had an RP 2000 (I think) before the GNX 2, I also bought a Digitech RP 50 (I think) which is a smaller unit after I stopped using the GNX 2. It could be a different model number but it looks the same. It is nice and compact but the GNX 2 sounds much richer.

I have The GNX 2 plugged and hooked to a guitar and amp, it still has my custom models in memory. I will Google the way to change the battery and if it looks possible to do I will do it. I still have the GNX 2 editor on my old laptop which still has XP Pro on it, so I can use all my old gear software and model user preset saves.

If I screw it up no big loss. But It many not need a new battery yet. By the way it took me a few hours to understand it, then I hit the right button and my long gone memory refreshed itself.

:cheers:

I plugged in both units the GNX 2 and the RP 155 (Corrected model number on the 155) and I can say for the harmony patch I used for my tune Yessir Your Insolency, is much nicer and more complete sounding than the RP 155 I still have the editor for the GNX 2 so I will open that up and see the exact perimeters I had in the GNX2. Anyways is was nice to see that the GNX2 still works. I bought the RP 155 just for that one patch. I really did not use any of the other stuff much, on either model.

I plugged in both units the GNX 2 and the RP 155 (Corrected model number on the 155) and I can say for the harmony patch I used for my tune Yessir Your Insolency, is much nicer and more complete sounding than the RP 155 I still have the editor for the GNX 2 so I will open that up and see the exact perimeters I had in the GNX2. Anyways is was nice to see that the GNX2 still works. I bought the RP 155 just for that one patch. I really did not use any of the other stuff much, on either model.

Yeah, the GNX line was FAR better than the RP line.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _