Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tracking Black Friday Sales 2021

Scarbee has everything 50% off now. Can someone talk me into (or out of) getting the EP 88s for $50? I have the Canterbury and it sounds great but I never managed to get it to feel really playable.

EP 88 is worth every penny. :2thu:

Only other Rhodes VST I use is Orange Tree Samples "Famous E", and that's twice the price on sale right now also.

Can't go wrong with Scarbee 88.

:nopity:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're in the market for a 'power station', those battery/inverter all-in-ones usually sporting a lithium-ion battery, this is a good Black Friday deal.

The EcoFlow River Pro was selling for $649, buy it direct and you can get it for $500. The final $50 discount is at checkout.

Link to River Pro

I started a thread to let folks know about it:

- 714Wh with a 600W inverter for $500 is the best deal I've ever seen for a power station

- Charging to 80% in 1 hour! Fully charged in 1.6

- Extender battery available

- An app to control charging speed and quantity, like to 80% charge

- PD3 USB-C port with 100W

My thread:

Thread on the EcoFlow River Pro

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

I had hoped that someone would have a Black Friday price on the Behringer 2600, but as far as I can tell Sweetwater is the only outfit selling their stuff anymore and they're not coming off the price. Other Behringer units, yes, but not the 2600.

Oh, well.

If there's no sale price to be had, I'll just wait; I can buy the bloody thing anytime for the regular price. Besides, I just got a Bag End S18E-C & Infra-M controller (screaming deal, couldn't turn it down, even though I had to road trip to pick it up). Useful for both bass and keys. I can use that expenditure as an excuse not to pay full price on a 2600. It's not as though I don't have other toys to play with. I'm just greedy. (...and foolish...)

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Scarbee has everything 50% off now. Can someone talk me into (or out of) getting the EP 88s for $50? I have the Canterbury and it sounds great but I never managed to get it to feel really playable.

EP 88 is worth every penny. :2thu:

Only other Rhodes VST I use is Orange Tree Samples "Famous E", and that's twice the price on sale right now also.

Can't go wrong with Scarbee 88.

Nope, and the original Scarbee MK1 sold by Native Instruments at $34.50 is a good deal too (that's one of the many NI sampled products currently 50% off, as Dave mentioned earlier in this thread). I got the Grandeur last year. I also got the Famous E during their group buy at 60% off, and it's also terrific* â and very different from the Scarbee. IMO they complement each other perfectly and having both in your arsenal should have you covered for any situation needing a Rhodes.

* I hope they update it to fix the weirdness of changes in the efx only kicking in after all notes started before the efx change end. Not a deal-breaker by any means, just odd to experience while you're playing.

This is a great thread. Thanks to all. For me, I only upgrade the Arturia Colleciton every other year (and this is the year for it), as well as Komplete. Im pretty intrgued by the Izotope bundle (1 year for $199) as well.

Got a lot of plug ins, and while I'd love to buy some more hardware synths (Odyssey), I haven't even turned on my Behringer Model D in over a year, but really want to do so soon.

On another note, I upgraded to the X32 Compact earlier this year (from the XR18), and that blew much of my music budget, but it is SO nice to have faders and knobs on a board - it's getting me excited to play wiht the Model D again - I just with the Model D had the ability to save patches (even to a computer) so I could recall when I needed to. Oh well.... it sounds good and it was under $300 USD.

I just started in on the trial versions of the Scarbee, and Organ add-ons for Korg Module pro (all on special at 50% off) I accidentally "re-discovered" Module Pro and re-installed it and was very impressed with the improvements Korg have made...This Scarbee is very good, I can see now why others like it so much. I've never used it before as it needed Kontakt Player and I've never bothered tbh. This iOS version is pretty cool! And the organ pack is surprisingly good. I already had the Ivory Piano from ages past so just re-installed it.

Setlist mode is very good too. I have Module set to 112 note poly (the max) and latency at 128 on the iPad mini (5th gen) and all runs really smoothly. It's still a hefty $30 (our money) for the MIDI learn functions among others, so still not sure I'll add that, unless it comes on special??

But overall, this new Module Pro might just become my "go-to swiss army knife" for iOS!

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

It's still a hefty $30 (our money) for the MIDI learn functions among others, so still not sure I'll add that, unless it comes on special??

I just started with AUM and I'm wondering if that app (currently on sale for US $12) will do the midi learning (and split/layering) you need. Looks like AUM will do everything the Korg add-on does.

I also just downloaded the trial for Ivory American D, very nice â though I'm wondering if the price I see right now ($20 USD) is the sale price? Is it normally $40 â anyone know?

Yeah, AUM and Camelot can both perform those duties - I'd imagine one would need to add two instances of module though looking at how it is setup without those tools to get proper splits and layers provided of course module receives on all channels, havent' checked that side of it yet too busy playing with Scarbee :D - I have both, AUM and Camelot so I'll have a play around.

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

I just started with AUM and I'm wondering if that app (currently on sale for US $12) will do the midi learning (and split/layering) you need.

Yes, it will! Read through the manual to get the full picture of how powerful it is.

Here for the gear.

It's still a hefty $30 (our money) for the MIDI learn functions among others, so still not sure I'll add that, unless it comes on special??

I just started with AUM and I'm wondering if that app (currently on sale for US $12) will do the midi learning (and split/layering) you need. Looks like AUM will do everything the Korg add-on does.

Just to muddy the waters, Keystage is another "live performance" app that does splits/layers/set lists combining both external hardware as well as software (similar to AUM, Audiobus, Camelot, OnSong). But Keystage is not currently on sale; and note, it has several in-app purchases.

Keystage (iPad only)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/keystage/id1406132634

I ended up getting Arkhis as an impulse purchase. It's half-off and isn't included in Komplete Ultimate (I may upgrade next summer). I was considering various string libraries (despite not being a "composer" in any real sense) but I came to the realization that really what I'd end up doing is mostly making textures out of the strings....Arkhis seems to be a fun tool for doing just that. I may end up with a "real" orchestral plugin at some point, but I do have the ones in Komplete standard and the Logic string plugin, so first I need to exhaust what they can do. The one I really had my eye on was Spitfire's Albion tundra but that's just too steep for me right now...I'm hoping Arkhis can do similar things, looking for lonely, eerie scratchy strings (vs big bombastic trailer strings). The main theme in the soundtrack of Arrival would be an example.

There's some real good deals on orchestral plugins though for 8DIO, Embertone, Spitfire etc. and I even took a look at Audiobros (for the la scoring strings and modern scoring strings). I'm going to make sure I'm actually doing more with strings though before I dive in. I also decided not to get a guitar plugin because I have a nice tele and nice acoustic guitar across the room from me, all I need is more practice on them and I won't need a keyboard-driven guitar.

Is Audiobus on sale like many of the other IOS apps?

AUM, which I've had for about a year, doesn't "see" Garageband unlike my other IOS apps which it sees and loads with no problem (e.g. Ravenscroft, VB3m, Korg Module Pro). I read/heard somewhere that Garageband needs to be routed through Audiobus to load it into AUM.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

Ivory American D ... ($20 USD) is the sale price?

Yes, $20 is the sale price (in iOS), regular price is $40.

Thanks, comparing it to Pure Piano right now. They're actually not as far apart as I thought they might be.

Let us know what you decide. The Amercian D sounds pretty clangy to me, as do all other iOS piano apps, including Ravenscroft on iOS (assuming because of dynamic range limitations on iOS). I am hoping Pure Piano with its XY Pad would allow for more minute adjustments than the others...

Here for the gear.

Let us know what you decide. The Amercian D sounds pretty clangy to me, as do all other iOS piano apps, including Ravenscroft on iOS (assuming because of dynamic range limitations on iOS). I am hoping Pure Piano with its XY Pad would allow for more minute adjustments than the others...

Will do, but I'm running into an issue with Module and AUM that I'm gonna start another thread for. Can't do a fair comparison before I figure this out (or buy another iOS app).

I've commented before on how Pure Piano seems to lack some layers at the top of the velocity range, so things feel a little unnatural to me as I dig in and play harder. I'm going to try tweaking the velocity curves some more to see if I can get more comfortable. I might be able to live with it, for now anyway.

I upgraded to a bundle of Ozone 9 Advanced/ Neutron 3/Tonal Control 2/Nectar 3+ for around $140 from Izotope as I was already a customer.

I am looking at a few things and was wondering if anyone had them;

I have Toontrack EZ Drummer 2- and was looking at the POP UK and/or Classic (the one from around 2011) expansions for around $47 each.

I was also considering as I am getting newer computer in a year East West Platinum piano Bundle for $160- does anyone recommend? Currently I use addictive keys & Arturia piano 5

Maybe I am getting to be a cheap old man, but this seems like a down year for Black Friday sales. Nothing that I wanted came through, music or otherwise. I don't need things as much, and companies are not cutting as much as they did in the past. KelbyOne Pro used to be $99 on Black Friday, now it is $149. Reason does not have much to offer. Ableton sale is no better than they offer throughout the year. In the past my favorite yo-yo company, One Drop, would have a mystery box at a good deal. Not this year. My most used yo-yo store is only offering a small discount. Oh well, I didn't really need anything. (sour grapes)

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Maybe I am getting to be a cheap old man, but this seems like a down year for Black Friday sales. Nothing that I wanted came through, music or otherwise. I don't need things as much, and companies are not cutting as much as they did in the past. KelbyOne Pro used to be $99 on Black Friday, now it is $149. Reason does not have much to offer. Ableton sale is no better than they offer throughout the year. In the past my favorite yo-yo company, One Drop, would have a mystery box at a good deal. Not this year. My most used yo-yo store is only offering a small discount. Oh well, I didn't really need anything. (sour grapes)

Anecdotally, my perceptions match yours. Deals much worse on all types of consumer goods. I assume supply chain explains most of it.

I'm at the point where I am picky about the free plugins and may not buy much else in that realm.

I've built one great microphone from Microphone Parts and have a different kit here that I will be building soon. They have 3 flavors of mic capsule, I'm finding that these are great mics and improve the sound in ways that the plugins I've used do not.

In the end, it's all just stuff. What matters is what we do with it. (sour grapes too...)

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.