Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fibonacci Steinway on Display

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks stunning, but I'm more interested in the sound tbh.

Reminds me of that nonsense theory that Fibonacci invented music: "Look at a piano. There are 13 notes in an octave, made of eight white and five black, in groups of three and two. 2/3/5/8/13 are all Fibonacci numbers". Complete hokum, of course.

Cheers, Mike.

Reminds me of that nonsense theory that Fibonacci invented music: "Look at a piano. There are 13 notes in an octave, made of eight white and five black, in groups of three and two. 2/3/5/8/13 are all Fibonacci numbers". Complete hokum, of course.

Cheers, Mike.

Never heard that one before. Hah!

You know what he did do though: he was an early proponent of what we call the "arabic" numeral system, using decimal digits instead of Roman numerals.

Also, Leonardo's magnum opus was "Liber abbaci", which proves he had a great influence 20th century piano playing (and candelabras).

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Cheers, Mike.

Harmonics and the fibonacci number sequence have a realtionship but it's a bit of a strech to go from there to Piano inventikn.

I"ve always interpreted Fibonacci to simply be another attempt by a human to use math to explain the patterns we see, hear, sense all around us. The patterns are there, or at least they are there in how our organic computer minds convert this place of existence to something we can understand.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

That piano looks like some old Beverly Hills rich b17ch, yuck.

Gibson guitars used to make one artist expression or some BS name garish butt ugly guitar every year. Same type of thing a work of art no one would want to buy other than buried under the glitz is a great instrument. I saw a video of Steinways special artist instrument room that only "special" people get to see. Of all those arty-farty piano my favorite was the John Lennon piano just a beautiful white Steinway.