Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Amazing (not really) Opportunity

One of the bands I'm in was recently solicited to play in an on-line music festival. Below is an extract of the email:

7244dcec828aa857957d52c158112b4f167e8446.jpg

fbedb33ae2e0a8c7a5fd475e0189c357f37b88e0.jpg

Stand aside, women and children, I'm beating a fast path to that $25 stipend!

The same sender had previously sent me two invitations to a FREE (their capitalisation) webinar by some music industry guru I'd never heard of. After quite a bit of searching I finally found his (self-written) Wikipedia page. He certainly is a guru, in his opinion. And, lucky me, he was going to tell me how to make even MORE money - not that I'll need it after the windfall from the festival.

Or could it be that the FREE webinar may recommend I promote my brand by embracing digital disruption and, oh I don't know, playing in a digital music festival?

The founder of this live music streaming service can be found in an article telling all and sundry that "it's all about the artists".

In my country, we would say that these people are taking the Pee One Double Five.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you send this to me please? I"m on a few music industry associations and stuff like this needs to be stamped out.

I"ll get MEAA and APRA to investigate.

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

I"ve been getting those emails for about two months now. Very annoying pests. Also a YouTube comment. Good old 'Sessions Live'. Apparently founded by the former CEO of the Pandora streaming service, which I use.

Considering I"ve never seen an ad for one of their concerts, I wonder where the viewers are supposed to come from.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments