Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What would you guys want to read/see

about digital processing technology fundamentals and example of the basics?

There's a lot in the fashionable channels about standard tools and their main parameters, fancy new tyos and some pro tools, but it seems to me there's little in the way of explaining the reason for running instruments, effects andproductions in certain ways and not others. As it were to provide insight in why one chors is better than another, why you like your productions better on workstation X or Y, what you should want from digital instruments, and if there's ever going to be an end to the strife for perfection...

Many Digital Signal Processing basics have seemingly clear implementations and uses, but as it so happens the development of most audio software for instance is done by software guys who don't have an engineering foundation or degree involving proper knowledge about many sides of the problems at hand. It's fine to "tune" you sound and instruments as long as travelling over the edit paths can in principle "get you there", but what if all your many, many effect controls can be proven not ever to get you to sound Valhalla? Or maybe there is a combination of magical instruments and effects possible right on you computer that makes you finally happy and satisfied with you sound, but you'd need a (real, to the point) PhD to ever get there?!

Theo V.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theo, if you have information to share I am interested in learning about your perspective.

I have my own thoughts, often based on the thoughts of others. I've shifted more to creating the sounds I want out here in the real world.

That said, I always would like everything to sound better. If there is a reasonable way to achieve that, it has value.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.