Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Adele Teaches Spotify a Lesson (Cue Applause)

Good for her. She convinced Spotify to take shuffle mode off her album. She said "We don't create albums with so much care and thought into our track listing for no reason. Our art tells a story and our stories should be listened to as we intended. Thank you Spotify for listening."

So now the default for Premium subscribers is to have the album play the intended track order, although you can still choose to shuffle it if you want.

As one of the 42 musicians who still makes "albums" instead of singles (and yes, I put a lot of thought into song order), I think this is effing awesome. Maybe I'll go buy her CD as a way to say thank you.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love her, and applaud this totally.

P.S. I know it's weird that someone who listens to experimental, international, and weirdo music says "I love her", but her singing is transcendental. It's real and emotional, and I love that. When I first heard "Rolling in the Deep" for the first time at the gym, I stopped in my tracks and listened to it in the hallway all the way to the end. She is not just a singer, she is an elemental force.

I love her, and applaud this totally.

P.S. I know it's weird that someone who listens to experimental, international, and weirdo music says "I love her"

Not at all, "eclectic" tastes mean you don't care about anything other than whether you like something, for whatever reason. I think "I Want It That Way" is outstanding, but that doesn't mean I have to stop liking Coltrane or the Brandenburgs.

This is good. I like an album that embraces a total story as well as the individual tales.

Unless you are the artist, it may not always be obvious but I respect it, choices are made and should be honored to tell that story.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.