Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sipario anyone?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was seriously considering buying one when I was trying to assemble a big rack + controller rig, but the combined cost of everything ended up being too much once a nice controller was added plus other stuff. It seems like a neat tool though if you already have some other equipment and don't need to put a complete rig together from scratch.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I wanted one of these years ago but could not find them for sale in Australia. So i had to not bother as im not into the importing costs.

Having said that i believe it had everything i wanted bar one thing which may or may not affect you.

That is no 10 digit program change input. To me thats a big omission for a unit thats meant to store all program requirements for various songs or programs. But if you can be happy with its method of accessing program changes then i think its a killer by what ive read and watched. Had it been offered in Australia i probably would have over looked that feature forvthe other features certainly impressed me.

I say...worth a serious look. I even considred looking for a cheaper used one in US but the postage and possible import duties usually kills that idea. Any one in Australia got one thats over it im still interest in one locally.

My current thought (for gigging) is getting Korg Kross as a top board and hoping its zoning abilities is similar to the Siparo to use with a bottom board. If so i get similar zoning to Sipario but with a backup keyboard. But still no 10 digit program pad. A keyboard thats not much heavier than a Sipario. Any thoughts this would be similar.

Perhaps look into that idea too if its for live gigging??

I emailed them some time ago asking if they had any interest in adding SYSEX to CC translation to the firmware. Would be a very useful device for owners of Roland VR line instruments who want to use their drawbars for a module or B3X and the like - with the bonus of all the other functionality. They were not interested, too small a crowd I guess.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Yes! I have one. It"s great! Completely manages my entire keyboard rig. It"s been flawless for over 5 years and probably over 300 shows. Very easy to program. Up until I found out about the Sipario, I had using a Yamaha MEP4âvery powerful, but very cumbersome and frustrating to program.

Yamaha CP-80/S80/S90es/P125/DGX-670/AN1x/MOTIF XS-Rack/CS6R/Roland D-50/Prophet 5(Rev 3.3.)/OBX8/Prophet 5 (Rev 4)/OB-8/Juno-60/Jupiter-6/Studiologic Numa Organ with Neo Ventilator/Korg Kronos