Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mag Custom Organs

cedar

Hi Max!

Thanks from your presence on this Forum!

Since Tom is no longer handling new Diversi/MAG product, will the US destination units have US voltage and power connections?

Thanks for a fantastic instrument!

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting what you are writing but Diversi still appears to be handling these products, they sit front and center on the Diversi website:

https://www.diversi.us/

Or are you saying that Tom doesn't comment any longer on this forum?

Hi Max!

Thanks from your presence on this Forum!

Since Tom is no longer handling new Diversi/MAG product, will the US destination units have US voltage and power connections?

Thanks for a fantastic instrument!

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting what you are writing but Diversi still appears to be handling these products, they sit front and center on the Diversi website:

https://www.diversi.us/

Or are you saying that Tom doesn't comment any longer on this forum?

Dave, here is the quote from Max"s earlier post here:

'

Tom Tuson of Diversi decided to move to the warm AZ and slowed down a bit his activities, so we agreed that the sales will be carried on directly from Prague (CZ) as BTW happened most of the times anyway for several reasons. He will, of course, keep offering local support and service for MAG products.

So the Maggie will be sold directly from CZ with the usual "well-oiled" procedure. '

Hence, my questions to Max

"I have constantly tried to deliver only products which withstand the closest scrutiny � products which prove themselves superior in every respect.�

Robert Bosch, 1919

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He will of course keep offering local support........

Local before today was 30 minutes from my house. He also maintains my Hammonds and my Voce if repairs are needed for it. I wonder if the operation still is there or did he move the operation as well. I'll have to check over the Thanksgiving holiday as I am kind of going that way anyway. I'll see if his Morton Pa. warehouse is still there or if he moved it. That would suck if he did.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Thank you all guys for your nice words and in the interest in what we'redoing :-)

Agan time for some answers:

Darren: I opened an FB account just 5 years ago and I use it strictly for business, which these days seem to be a must, but I have to admit I'm a total disaster with it. I'll ask a friend who is a million times better than me what to do for giving you access to Brian's video. pleas bear with me 1-2 days

jimkost2002:. All our organs are equipped with multi-voltage power supplies and through a standard IEC (computer) cable can be connected to any socket in the world

Delaware Dave: Diversi still is the business partner of MAG Keyboards in the U.S.A. but we agreed with Tom that the organs will be delivered directly from the Czech Republic (as BTW happened already several times before), nothing to do with the contribution from Tom to this forum, which I suppose will go ahead as before

LX88: I'm writing this some hours after reading your last post and still can\t see anything from you, I don't have a clue why, but you can email me directly here: max@magorgans.com, like anybody else who may have some specific questions.

M.

MAG Custom Organs

Thank you all guys for your nice words and in the interest in what we'redoing :-)

Agan time for some answers:

Darren: I opened an FB account just 5 years ago and I use it strictly for business, which these days seem to be a must, but I have to admit I'm a total disaster with it. I'll ask a friend who is a million times better than me what to do for giving you access to Brian's video. pleas bear with me 1-2 days

jimkost2002:. All our organs are equipped with multi-voltage power supplies and through a standard IEC (computer) cable can be connected to any socket in the world

Delaware Dave: Diversi still is the business partner of MAG Keyboards in the U.S.A. but we agreed with Tom that the organs will be delivered directly from the Czech Republic (as BTW happened already several times before), nothing to do with the contribution from Tom to this forum, which I suppose will go ahead as before

LX88: I'm writing this some hours after reading your last post and still can\t see anything from you, I don't have a clue why, but you can email me directly here: max@magorgans.com, like anybody else who may have some specific questions.

M.

Thanks for your answers, Max!

"I have constantly tried to deliver only products which withstand the closest scrutiny � products which prove themselves superior in every respect.�

Robert Bosch, 1919

Max I did send two PM's to your inbox presumably.

If you don't see it I will e mail. Thank you for acknowledging this.

I know that I might P... some people off here but I am still in pursuit of chorus vibrato that is not comproimised. I pretty much get that from Key B at this point, but I like the flexibility of using a module because in my last gigging situation I was able to use only one board. Even though it had weighted keys, most of my organ playing did not involve soloing so it was no problem just to play bass parts and chords.

Also - I kind of like to use different controllers when practicing. So the module allows me to get away from the TP 80, which I don't mind gigging on but I would prefer not to practice on.

I am in process of working with a tech to alter the resistance of the springs on the TP80. Many people have commented that they are not totally satisfied with the feel of that keybed, and I have been back and forth about it. When I am gigging with it I don't think about it that much but when practicing,I tend to be critical of it.

It seems that the Numa 2 and Mojo offer springs with a lighter resistance. I have spoken to Carlo Maffaei at Fatar about this and he told me that Numa 2 springs are available, but you have to get them direct from Studiologic.

Meanwhile my Hx3 is doing most of what I need it to do. .

looks roughly the size of a 3300 ,maybe a little narrower , something under 35kg's , that's not bad , probably crossover same as a leslie cab .there's a new video clip of it on their

facebook page .a little heavy on the overdrive but you can get the idea it's a pretty good reproduction of the organ's tone , definitely not your typical powered PA monitor

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the long time it took...

I did some calculations comparing the Maggie (48 x 53.3 x 80 cm 33.5 kg) to a vintage 122/147 and the latter has 49% larger footprint, 97% bigger volume, and 84% heavier weight...

same calculation against the current 3300 bring to 28% larger footprint, 42% bigger volume and 63% heavier weight

Hope this will help with your considerations

If I won't be able to post again before the coming holidays I wish to all this great community a Merry Xmas and a prosperous 2020 !!!

MAG Custom Organs

• 1 year later...

Well, I just put the order in for a MAG P-2. It's a little bittersweet, I've made the decision to replace one or both of a Hammond C3 and A-100. I love having those, but with the setup in my home I rarely get to turn them on anymore, and I certainly am not bringing them out to play live. The P-2 just looks like a great physical setup, I'm hoping I won't miss the real thing TOO much. I'll be using the MAG through a 122 much of the time, and love that I can order a 6 pin output right on the organ.

Now the waiting begins. It looks like we're 4-ish months out.

Well, I just put the order in for a MAG P-2. It's a little bittersweet, I've made the decision to replace one or both of a Hammond C3 and A-100. I love having those, but with the setup in my home I rarely get to turn them on anymore, and I certainly am not bringing them out to play live. The P-2 just looks like a great physical setup, I'm hoping I won't miss the real thing TOO much. I'll be using the MAG through a 122 much of the time, and love that I can order a 6 pin output right on the organ.

If you"re not using a real Leslie - the P2 optionally comes with the Mini Ventilator II built in. From there it"s all in the amplification. Choose wisely.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

If you"re not using a real Leslie - the P2 optionally comes with the Mini Ventilator II built in. From there it"s all in the amplification. Choose wisely.

Yep! I ordered it with the internal Mini-Vent and added the 6pin output along with the 11 pin. I like having the option of using the MAG with or without the Leslie depending on the need. I am pretty impressed with his system syncing all the Leslie fast/slow together. I don't know that I'll ever be in a situation where I want to use both real and simulated Leslie at the same time, but it's nice have a half moon switch that controls both.

Amplification note (for B3 clones that is): If you have a chance to borrow or pickup an old Peavey KB300 try it with your clone. It has the nasally, honk that caters to the majority of B3 tones many aim for.

Should be rather cheap too if working. Other than old mono synths, not great however for other keys.

Also have been impressed with the old Motion Sound Pro-145 to this day. When the upper and lower speed and accel/decel is set it's screaming good imo (Tried the XK3c, a Mojo, and Viscount with it).

No special cabling, no special interface necessary. Pretty dang light and compact but screaming good sound, nice bass too even with it's 12' woof.

It's different from the 122's but very enjoyable. Can get loud and nasty too.

Still pushing air.

*leslie sims: They're 'ok' for unimportant shows, messing around at home (H-Suzuki, Viscount, Vent etc.) but ultimately oh so 'sim-ie' (anemic and fake) to players used to a vintage leslie or the latest.

Amplification note (for B3 clones that is): If you have a chance to borrow or pickup an old Peavey KB300 try it with your clone. It has the nasally, honk that caters to the majority of B3 tones many aim for.

Should be rather cheap too if working. Other than old mono synths, not great however for other keys.

This is true, I have a KB300 and the organs (especially the top octave) are not nearly as shrill as they are with my EV PPA. The issue is it's 81 pounds and I would only use it for the organ; it sounds terrible with a piano running through it so it becomes a specialty amplification speaker just for organ.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Oh wow, I gigged with one of these back in the 80s. My main keyboard was a JX-10 and it sounded nice with that amp. I probably also used piano with it when I got my Proteus but I don't remember much about how it sounded!

And of course being young, strong and dumb I never bothered to put casters on it, just hoisted it up in my pickup....

This is true, I have a KB300 and the organs (especially the top octave) are not nearly as shrill as they are with my EV PPA. The issue is it's 81 pounds and I would only use it for the organ; it sounds terrible with a piano running through it so it becomes a specialty amplification speaker just for organ.

It was surprisingly good with the older dig pianos Yammie PF10/15 and the Clavinova range (NOT to be confused with the new stuff) and even the pianos on the Roland SC-88 (with the A-30 controller) I used to have one (KB300). Unfortunately the piezo horn didn't have the greatest throw in the world

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things