Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The http to https thing

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can somebody please clarify? When you log in, do you see "new posts" with a blue envelope icon? I see new posts when somebody posts *after* while I am logged in, but not since the last time I visited the forum.

Could this have to do with cookies deleted when one closes the browser? (If so, I am surprised because it does not happen in other forums I visit).

Everything working as before for me. Still get timeouts or slow load at what I would say are busy times but when once on things seem snappier. FWIW my link I use takes me directly to Keyboard Corner I don't go to the top main page first, I only go there when the site occasionally asks me to log in again.

Can somebody please clarify? When you log in, do you see "new posts" with a blue envelope icon? I see new posts when somebody posts *after* while I am logged in, but not since the last time I visited the forum.

Could this have to do with cookies deleted when one closes the browser? (If so, I am surprised because it does not happen in other forums I visit).

I never saw blue envelopes in Dark mode on my PC, but topics with posts I have not read were white text bolded. That appears to no longer be the case. Using Chrome on Win 10-

-dj

iMac i7 13.5.2

Studio One 5.5.2

Nord Stage 3

Nord Wave 2

Nektar T4

Drawmer DL 241

Focusrite ISA Two

Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre

It could be a good idea to make links of external images, so viewers can click on them to see them, without breaking the one-server and the secure additional content rules.

I think if I'd make my server with images and so forth https, it could cost more, additional name server stuff and maybe that's because Verizon or who ever it is nowadays is consulted for certificate checks more often.

So if all external images can be clicked by a normalized link automatically that would be nicer.

T

No blue envelopes in UBBT77-Dark no highlighted titles in unread. Default theme used to have unread post in bold. Not anymore. There is no way for me to know what I have read other than memory.

Firefox both Mac Big Sur & Windows 10. Safari showed one blue envelope in Dark mode.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

Default theme used to have unread post in bold. Not anymore. There is no way for me to know what I have read other than memory.

When I log in nothing is bolded. If somebody write a post during my current session, thread title appears bolded. Reading on Android smartphone, Opera.

Hope this can be fixed soon. Maybe I will change theme temporarily because I used default one.

Yamaha P-515, Korg SV-2 73, Kurzweil PC4-7

I haven"t had the forum lock up on me for days now⦠:w00t:

Unfortunately I saw the Securi Hosting Timeout messages several times early this morning. :idk:

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Congratulations on the great work of the team!

I second that. It's working well for me, although it seems some people may still be having issues, I'm not sure. But thanks to you and whoever worked on it with you. I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to help, having been out of the IT loop for so long now, and all.

Default theme used to have unread post in bold. Not anymore. There is no way for me to know what I have read other than memory.

When I log in nothing is bolded. If somebody write a post during my current session, thread title appears bolded. Reading on Android smartphone, Opera.

Hope this can be fixed soon. Maybe I will change theme temporarily because I used default one.

I changed themes, to check exactly that, but it is still the same: no indication of which threads have new posts when I first log in. (Bold text (and blue envelope) appear if somebody posts *after* I logged in). I also hope that this can be solved.

Some of you might check your bookmarks and edit the web address from http to https. That helped me. I think I only timed out once or so after I did that.

+1! :cheers:

"This is my rig, and if you don´t like it....well, I have others!"

"Think positive...there's always something to complain about!"

Wow I logged in and there are new messages shown! Thank you to whoever fixed it! :w00t:

Just didn't work for me. But I was using direct link to Keyboard Corner before logging in. I need to check logging in on main page, probably clicking Keyboard Corner after being logged in will work.

Edit: if I log in on main page, then go into keyboard corner, new post is highlighted - contains new posts. When I repeat the procedure, the second time thread is all read even without reading it in previous session.

Yamaha P-515, Korg SV-2 73, Kurzweil PC4-7

Wow, now I can actually attach files directly from my computer, no need to specify a URL!!

This is great-

-dj

iMac i7 13.5.2

Studio One 5.5.2

Nord Stage 3

Nord Wave 2

Nektar T4

Drawmer DL 241

Focusrite ISA Two

Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre

Just didn't work for me. But I was using direct link to Keyboard Corner before logging in. I need to check logging in on main page, probably clicking Keyboard Corner after being logged in will work.

Edit: if I log in on main page, then go into keyboard corner, new post is highlighted - contains new posts. When I repeat the procedure, the second time thread is all read even without reading it in previous session.

Hm... not sure if not reading posts leaves them unread or no (haven't tried it yet).

The highlighting started working again after I did this (maybe it is pure coincidence, but just in case...):

Changed the dark theme to the default, saved, logged out and in again (did not work), set it back to dark theme, saved, logged out (waited some time) and logged in again.

[update]: If I leave some threads unread and I log out, when I log back in again they do not show as "unread".

• 1 month later...
I got server time out screens more than once today :facepalm:

They started again for me not long after the update to HTTPS. It always seem to be at what I think are heavy traffic times, that's something HTTPS isn't going to help. If like last place I was at we'd get slow downs when having to do database server backups or other work during main production hours. Also the holidays are starting for some so internet is busier than usual right now, not everyone is watching SpiderMan.

Don't know if this is the issue or not, but Harmony Central used to get hammered by spammers, and that would slow things down incredibly. At one point we simply blocked all users from India, and that made the site fast again...although we hated to freeze out the legit users.