Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guess what I'm working on now !!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep ...a Hammond Aurora. Getting rid of hum and clicking noise of Leslie. A bearing / bushing has too much play and I have decided to just disconnect the motor, for now. I tried everything to get rid of the noise but making a new bearing is beyond my ambition , AT THIS TIME.

I replaced a bunch of caps on the power supply and next I am going to run some shielded wires to the speakers and make a headphone jack. There is some problem with loose connections on the EDGE of the PCB ,in the picture . I will flux it and flow some solder on the edge .

I have had this organ over 20 years, but because of the noise and some non working keys I stashed it away in another room collecting dust. So now, in my quest for "vintage" sounds I am slowly reviving it . It will be sampled for MIDI and I will also be playing it "live" to recordings (with lots of editing) .

In the past few weeks, I have sampled my old Lowrey Genie and my Optigan.

Dan

So I have it back together again.

Almost ALL of the problems were due to TOO MANY PLUG CONNECTIONS, poor contacts , vibrate loose.

One that really bothers me is on the upper keyboard where 1/2 of the keys drop out of organ sound, when the CONNECTOR WAYYYYY DOWN at the bottom next to the volume pedal gets partly unplugged. I have cleaned it a few times. All is working now but if this was more accessible , I WILL SOLDER all of those connections instead.

The biggest pain, working on this is MY KNEES. You can't put this organ up on a bench to work on so an overweight 66 year old crawling around on hands and knees ,on ceramic tile, is a sight to see, especially when he tries to stand up afterwards.

But I got her done , with 2 new POTS connected to a PHONE jack.

I WILL NEED TO SOLDER SOME and open up again. After I practiced on drums the connection broke again. :(

Dan