Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Spacestation version 3

Just wondering what the value of a Spacestation v3 is on the market nowadays? Mine is like new, never been out of my house, just wondering what I could sell it for as I'm using QSC speakers now.

Kurzweil PC3K8/ GSI Gemini Desktop/ ESI UNIK 8+ monitors/ QSC K8.2/ Radial Key Largo/ CPS Spacestation 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reinforcing Elmer's last point, anytime we're selling something used, we're not really competing with the price of new, we're competing with other used pricing. When something "like new" is priced too close to new, most people figure, "If I'm going to spend that much, I might as well pop the extra hundred and have the peace of mind of knowing it's new." So even in mint condition, you're still really competing with all those $450 SS3's out there. If you want to sell it quicker rather than "better" (i.e., don't want to sit on it for months waiting for your price), I personally would start in the mid-upper 600's and be ready to negotiate to low 6's from there.

The other thing we often forget is, it doesn't matter that we, personally, never really used it. We still owned it for all that time. Anything we "lose" on the transaction, we more than accounted for via all those months of "rental."

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Reinforcing Elmer's last point, anytime we're selling something used, we're not really competing with the price of new, we're competing with other used pricing. When something "like new" is priced too close to new, most people figure, "If I'm going to spend that much, I might as well pop the extra hundred and have the peace of mind of knowing it's new." So even in mint condition, you're still really competing with all those $450 SS3's out there. If you want to sell it quicker rather than "better" (i.e., don't want to sit on it for months waiting for your price), I personally would start in the mid-upper 600's and be ready to negotiate to low 6's from there.

The other thing we often forget is, it doesn't matter that we, personally, never really used it. We still owned it for all that time. Anything we "lose" on the transaction, we more than accounted for via all those months of "rental."

Some good points there MOI, thanks.

Kurzweil PC3K8/ GSI Gemini Desktop/ ESI UNIK 8+ monitors/ QSC K8.2/ Radial Key Largo/ CPS Spacestation