Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ID that vintage keyboard (Larry Goldings)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a Multivox MX-880 or MX-2000.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

It's a Multivox MX-880 or MX-2000.

Thanks!

Looks like a Roland SH2000 or something like that (maybe SH-1000?)...

A bit of web research reveals recognition of the cosmetic similarities between the Multivox and the Roland, and some debate as to how similar they actually sound.

Yeah, I was not aware of the Multivox, but I did have an SH-1000 in the day (1976- Junior yr in HS).

I don't recall ever seeing those Multovoxes at that time anywhere here in SoCal? That includes the big LA stores I checked out in the day; original GC in Hollywood, Betnuns, Nadines, the original Goodmans in North Hollywood. Maybe they were more prevalent on the East Coast?

I like that track -- it had a great groove * -- thanks for sharing!

* And how would one describe it? Was it "Mature" (see the recent posting), "Middle Age" or "???"

And man, the bass player can really play well -- but talk about "creating an image" for an on-stage persona or "calling attention to oneself"... Sorry, just not my cup of tea...

Old No7

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

That's MonoNeon. Great player, but yeah, the look is more than a bit much. This seems to be the new thing. You can't just be good â you have to have a consistent "uniform" so that people recognize you on youtube. MonoNeon = winter hat, oversized loungewear, sock on headstock. Cory Wong = shirt with blue and white horizontal stripes, or yellow pants. Jack Stratton = red shirt with white stripes on the sleeves. Jacob Collier = cosby sweaters. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Jamiroquai = weird hats with horns, floppy top hats.

Sisters of Mercy = black leather, aviator sunglasses, fog.

Elton John = flamboyant outfits, sunglasses and hats.

Rick Wakeman = silly cape.

Kiss = weird makeup.

Dr. John = â¦

Yeah, shame that people have to resort to memorable outfits for YouTube and talent doesn"t count for shit these daysâ¦

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio