Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Alternate wireless MIDI for Alesis Vortex 2

Totally fed up with the wireless MIDI system in my Alesis Vortex 2, connected to my Kronos. Stuck notes constantly. Slapping the panic button about every 15 seconds. Does anyone know if the Roland WM-1, along with the WM-D1 dongle will work at all, and also BETTER than the built in system in the Vortex?

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These might be stupid questions but:

a) How far away from the USB dongle are you ?

b) What's the line of sight like between the dongle and the Vortex ?

I use a Windows laptop running Reason.

I've only ever had one small problem with dropouts since I started using the Vortex and I suspect that it was caused by me plugging the dongle in to the "wrong" USB port "hidden from view" of the Vortex.

I also have a Panda Midibeam which I use with my AX Synth but I've never tried that with the Vortex.

The build quality of the original Midibeams was terrible, mine fell to bits, but the new model is much improved and I have to say it works very well.

The problem I get with my vortex 2 wireless midi is if I really push the buffers by playing fast percussive chord stabs repeatedly for 40 seconds or up to a minute, I can cause the buffers to overrun and glitch. It doesnt do it with a usb wire. I suggest getting a 20 ft usb cable.

FunMachine.