Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Disappointment with Beatles store quality control

I happily pre-ordered a Beatles graphic T shirt. I figured that a company that (I think) Paul has input to would be a class act. I chose the Let It Be graphic linked below. I chose it in large part because of the preportion and size of the graphic. I decided against some other shirts because of the size of the graphic image. My LIB t shirt was $35....$45 with tax and shipping. But I figured I'd be getting quality....I expected a reasonably heavyweight cotton.

The actual product is linked below. And it's a lightweight fabric... I have 2 Beatles logo t shirts from maybe 12-14 years ago that I still wear (especially since I lost 25 pounds this year) - I think they're either Anvil or Guildan Heavy Cotton.

I sent them a snarky email a week ago - I was pretty pissed off. They didn't reply. Now I'm going to send another with these same 2 images. I'm so disappointed in them.

As presented on the website - Note the size and proportion:

https://usastore.thebeatles.com/dept/mens-apparel?cp=105982_106238_106256

Actual - Note the size and proportion:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FA1Uu_NLvhQomPaaMopmdM4zUu3w2fev/view?usp=sharing

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unacceptable. Judging from the graphic placement, the wearer should be about seven months pregnant.

I found the same issue with ordering tees from Woot's Shirt Derby portal. Their blank stock used to be quality shirts of heavy cotton with good stitching and hardy dyes. After they were gobbled up by Amazon, they changed suppliers and their quality sank thru the floor. I bought a few of their new stock due to the artwork but shall not again. I have good old shirts from the original supplier that have stood up to rigorous wear for well over a decade but the new ones shrink, fade and their seams come unsewn by just glancing at them. My daughter started a custom tee company in VT and only uses Gildan or Beefy T for blanks as they're still well-made and produce quality results.

As always, the dollar rules. Save a few pennies on crappy material and watch the profits roll in, Macca or not.

Play. Just play.

As presented on the website - Note the size and proportion:

https://usastore.thebeatles.com/dept/mens-apparel?cp=105982_106238_106256

It looks to me like it isn't a real shirt, someone just photoshopped the image on there and didn't bother to check if it matched the final product. There's quite a bit of the "well they bought it already, so as long as they don't complain, who cares?" mentality, so it's good you complained.

Reminds me of many years ago, before manuals were online. I pitched a company on writing a manual, because the one they had was horrible. I felt it did them a disservice because if the buyers knew how truly capable the unit was, they'd be thrilled with their purchase.

The marketing guy looked at me with a puzzled expression on his face. People would see the manual only if they'd already bought the unit, and if they'd already bought the unit...who cares?

Unacceptable. Judging from the graphic placement, the wearer should be about seven months pregnant.

I found the same issue with ordering tees from Woot's Shirt Derby portal. Their blank stock used to be quality shirts of heavy cotton with good stitching and hardy dyes. After they were gobbled up by Amazon, they changed suppliers and their quality sank thru the floor. I bought a few of their new stock due to the artwork but shall not again. I have good old shirts from the original supplier that have stood up to rigorous wear for well over a decade but the new ones shrink, fade and their seams come unsewn by just glancing at them. My daughter started a custom tee company in VT and only uses Gildan or Beefy T for blanks as they're still well-made and produce quality results.

As always, the dollar rules. Save a few pennies on crappy material and watch the profits roll in, Macca or not.

Good for your daughter - for using quality T shirts. I won't be ordering T shirts in the future without knowing the quality of the T shirt. It's the wild west as far as quality goes.

I called the company handling the Beatles T shirts...They emailed me the label for USPS (postal services) return. They made it easy. The 3rd party shipping and return company knows NOTHING about the poor quality of the shirts. There's no one to take ownership of the sh!tty product.

I just looked at Tee Public online. I think they sold me a graphic Captain Beefheart "LIck My Decals Off Baby" and Zappa's Mothers of Invention "Freak Out" album cover graphic. They're nice Guildan Heavy Cotton (I just now checked).

Now Tee Public's description is: 100% combed ringspun cotton. The perfect fabric for a graphic tee and the softest in the business.

Which means very little to me. I won't order from them now. But I'd happily pay a premium fee like say $5 more for a quality T. Oh well.

• 3 weeks later...