Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Buddy needs AC Adapter for Lexicon MPX110

A Synth buddy recently got a Lexicon MPX110 for free, because it didn't have the AC adapter with it. He had no luck reaching out to Lexicon, so I thought I'd ask here.

The AC Adapter for my MPX100 says that it's 9 volts/1900 mA, but there's no indication as to whether it's center Positive or Negative, and no other info on the adapter, nor in the Manual for the MPX. I've wondered about trying a 1 Spot or a PA-9 Power All (they're much the same thing), and checking out the different connector cables, to see if any of them will work.

I see a LOT of questionable-looking power supplies and AC adapters on Amazon - too many, with too little real info, such that I wouldn't order any of them.

Has anyone tried using a different adapter/power supply with a Lexicon MPX100/110, or does anyone have a line on where to find a Lexicon adapter? I'm going to have my buddy bring it over here, and try it with my adapter to make sure it works, but I'm reluctant to experiment with other adapters, and wind up damaging a perfectly good MFX unit with the wrong power supply.

Thanks for looking into this, everyone!

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The posters in the Steel Guitar forum are saying that it is an AC adapter and that the DC conversion is an internal circuit. The ART Levelar, MP/C and others use the same power supply. I have a couple of pieces of gear that have that same configuration, it isn't rare by any means.

There would be no indication of polarity because AC power does not have a defined polarity - alternating current.

https://steelguitarforum.com/Forum11/HTML/006719.html

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Yhup, the output's 9v AC, and stated in the manual and elsewhere to require 1.9 Amps (1900 ma) of current capability.

Winston- your Lexicon Vortex has a 9vAC PS, as well- though they are usually seen to be for up to 1 Amp, and that's also the spec in the Vortex manual.

Full Compass currently (no pun intended!) has a Lexicon PS0913B-120 available; while this has up 1.3 Amps current capability- ignore the secondary 3vAC/0.1A output- Full Compass lists the Lexicon MPX 110 for compatibility.

All of the above raises the question, does the MPX 110 actually require up to 1.9 Amps? Or, was that a bit of 'overrating', and/or using what was on hand at the time- would the 1 Amp required by the Vortex and many other Lexicon/Harmon/DigiTech products suffice? This seems to be a not too uncommon scenario.

I've posted a photo of what the original MPX 110 total package looked like when new, with the included Power Supply, for a visual reference- and so one doesn't get too hung-up over what a suitable substitute may or may not look like; the original wasn't a big multi-component unit with a ballast and all that... That would necessarily be a bad thing, it's just not necessary, either.

Just in case- Note that while the Voodoo Lab 'Pedal Power AC' power supply will provide 9vac or 12vac, the outputs are rated for up to 1200ma, or 1.2 Amps. So, that may or may not be enough for the MPX 110, though it would definitely be enough for the Vortex...

NOW- there does seem to be a number of AC to AC Power Supplies out there that have 2 Amps of current capability- 1.9A being easily covered and then some. If you or your buddy buy one, be sure that it's also for the appropriate 120v~ (120vac) wall-outlet voltage; searching around, I ran across a few that I almost didn't notice were made for UK voltage.

Good hunting to you and your buddy! Keep us posted!

Original Lexicon MPX 110 full package with Power Supply, bottom-right

YtsIWkR.jpg

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

The AC Adapter for my MPX100 says that it's 9 volts/1900 mA, but there's no indication as to whether it's center Positive or Negative, and no other info on the adapter, nor in the Manual for the MPX. I've wondered about trying a 1 Spot or a PA-9 Power All (they're much the same thing), and checking out the different connector cables, to see if any of them will work.

The 1 Spot won't work WP...it's 9v DC. My DigiTech JamMan takes a power supply which is 9v AC 1.3 (1,300ma) amps, that would come closer to what you are looking for. :cool:

Take care, Larryz

Thanks, everyone!

My Digitech Space Station uses one of those H-Pro AC adapters, too; so did the first few Whammy series. I'll forward that link to my buddy.

As to whether or not it really NEEDS 1900mA - probably not, but unlike old Analog pedals, you don't want to starve a digital MFX when it comes to power supplies.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

The posters in the Steel Guitar forum are saying that it is an AC adapter and that the DC conversion is an internal circuit. The ART Levelar, MP/C and others use the same power supply. I have a couple of pieces of gear that have that same configuration, it isn't rare by any means.

There would be no indication of polarity because AC power does not have a defined polarity - alternating current.

https://steelguitarforum.com/Forum11/HTML/006719.html

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.