Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Small practice amp with footswitch?

RABid

I have a Yamaha THR10 (original version) that I really, really love, except that it has no option for a footswitch. Got a Positive Grid Spark. Sounds fine. Four buttons on top for switching sounds. No option for a foot switch. I cannot find a small practice amp with a foot switch option. Being a child of the 70's, I need a footswitch. So far I have two options. Full size 12" heavy guitar amp for practice. Line 6 device which negates the need for an amp. Does anyone have any suggestions for a small practice amp with foot switch?

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Roland Cube 40 gx that I found at the thrift store that uses a footswitch. I found the footswitch at the same place a week later.

I think quite a few of the Cube series use foot switches but not the Micro Cube (I have one of those too).

The Cubes are cool amps, they sound good and they seem to be bulletproof.

I also have a Blackstar ID Core Stereo 20Mk II that has a jack labelled footswitch but I've never used that. It's a pretty cool little amp, small, light and a good range of tones available.

My favorite small amp for tones by far is a Peavey Vypyr VIP 1 but I shoehorned a Scorpion 10" into the cabinet and that made a huge difference in the sound. And the Peavey Sanpera pedal is cool but sort of a PITA if you have big feet like me. It is cool having a volume/wah pedal built in though. And the amp has analog modeling plus tons of fun effects built in.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I have a Yamaha THR10 (original version) that I really, really love, except that it has no option for a footswitch.

Being a child of the 70's, I need a footswitch.

Hmm; since you really, really love your THR10 amp...

Apparently there are DIY footswitch solutions that people have used for the Yamaha THR10; could these videos be of any help to you, as a starting-point to get what you need?

And, I also ran across these:

USB Patch Pedal Footswitch for Yamaha THR5, THR10, THR10C, THR10X Amplifier on Reverb dot com

PATCHBOX68 PFS9 (Yamaha THR10) Programmable Footswitch Controller Vanilla PLATINUM PACKAGE on Reverb dot com

[video:youtube]

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I have never soldered anything in my life. No hope for me pulling off a THR10 mod. Thinking I might as well settle on a Pod Go with a small speaker.

Find someone else to do it for you, then (maybe even one of the people posting these things online?). Some of those links involved already made pedals. You'd then have footswitch-ability with the amp that you said you already really, really love, and I'm sure it'd cost you less, probably a LOT less, than buying a whole 'nother amp altogether. Win-Win-WIN solution for you.