Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Today's unusual rig

My rig earlier today...

Image.jpg

Why? Because I was told the backline board provided would be a CP73, and I thought the YC on top of that would cover all my bases nicely. Then I got there and found out that either someone at the backline company grabbed the wrong Yamaha, or someone misremembered the model number, or something. Because the backline board turned out to be... another YC61.

Of course it could have been far worse. When I need to pack light, I often do gigs with this band with just the YC and nothing else. And if one is doable, two are definitely better. Still, it felt like a weird flashback to that unfortunate time in the mid-'80s when you'd see guys gigging with nothing but two DX7s, which made for a drool-worthy rig at the time.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...........Still, it felt like a weird flashback to that unfortunate time in the mid-'80s when you'd see guys gigging with nothing but two DX7s, which made for a drool-worthy rig at the time.

and probably on a A-Frame stand at that :puff:

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

I haven't found an organ patch on my YC88 that I actually like, so far. In spite of following your suggestion to click my heels together and say "better fast leslie" 3 times! ):

But I haven't really explored it much, yet. And they're good enough to get me through a gig.

I haven't yet sold my CP73, really ought to but you know how that goes..I could see myself stacking the 2.

Because the backline board turned out to be... another YC61.

Brotha Josh, I hope you took the *right* one back home after the gig. :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"