Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official MLB 2021 Thread

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect the series to go the full five games, though. After all, how much difference is there between a 107-win team and a 106-win one?

The Giants edged out the Dodgers in the regular season, ten games to nine; but LA outscored SF in those games 80-78: two more narrow margins.

Both teams breathe rarified air. They"re about as evenly matched as possible.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I expect the series to go the full five games, though. After all, how much difference is there between a 107-win team and a 106-win one?

The Giants edged out the Dodgers in the regular season, ten games to nine; but LA outscored SF in those games 80-78: two more narrow margins.

Both teams breathe rarified air. They"re about as evenly matched as possible.

Best,

Geoff

I give the Dodgers a significant edge. Scherzer/Buehler/Urias is pretty clearly a stronger trio than Webb/Gaussman/DeScalfia. Dodgers bullpen also stronger. Giants are without Belt, Dodgers missing Muncy, call that a wash. Both teams have seasoned big-game players and deep benches. Giants win only if starters punch above their weight (which Webb did nicely).

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

I guess the Giants are punching above their weight, then. That's two shutout wins in three games.

It's a small consolation that the Dodgers have outscored the Giants 9-7 in total points. Too bad LA couldn't have divided those hot bats more evenly over the last three games. They'd likely be up 2-1 rather than down 1-2.

The next two are elimination games for LA. I hope they find a way to win out.

http://www.geoffgrace.com/Pictures/Dodgers.jpg

GO DODGER BLUE!!! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

Oh, and how about this upset?

Boston Red Sox advance to ALCS behind Kiké Hernandez, Rule 5 draft pick-turned-bullpen ace Garrett Whitlock

It was satisfying to see Kiké Hernández play a pivotal role in the win. He was a great Dodger.

Best,

Geoff

Dodgers win Game 4! :cool::thu:

It all comes down to Game 5. Factoring in the postseason so far, both teams are at 109 wins. It seems fitting that two teams who were neck-and-neck throughout the season would enter the last game of their series the same way.

Best,

Geoff

That was totally a check swing. There's no possible way you can interpret that as anything else but a check swing. I'm glad the Dodgers won, but I prefer a more definitive victory.

Dodgers fans are all saying that the Giants benefited from a messed up call in July.

Speaking of calls I don't get...

Mike Shildt fired as St. Louis Cardinals manager over 'philosophical differences'

Kind of perplexing on the heels of a team-record 17-game winning streak that carried the Cardinals to the Wild Card game.

Best,

Geoff

Mike Shildt fired as St. Louis Cardinals manager over 'philosophical differences'

Kind of perplexing on the heels of a team-record 17-game winning streak that carried the Cardinals to the Wild Card game.

Best,

Geoff

There MUST be something that they're not talking about the necessitated that? We may never know, but it sure feels like something came up suddenly that needed to be dealt with fast?

• 2 weeks later...
Atlanta Braves finish off Houston Astros for first World Series championship since 1995

Congratulations to Synthaholic and the rest of our Atlanta fans. World Series champs! :cool:

Best,

Geoff

Thank you Geoff! I truthfully never lost faith in this team, although I did think they were in serious trouble on July 10 when Acuña got hurt. I loved getting Adam Duvall back, and then adding Joc Pederson, but I was really excited to get Jorge Soler. I was a fan of his when he came up with the Cubs and never thought that they should have traded him to Kansas City.

Big win, great team, great franchise, great city. I'm a happy camper!

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Best,

Geoff

Cardinals front office wanted to fire some of the coaches and Shildt said no way - if they go, I go.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

I just heard the organ player at Atlanta's home stadium play the opening phrases of Miles Davis tune "So What" (on the organ).

That's Matthew Kaminski. @bravesorganist on Twitter. He's very good and solicits ideas for walk-up songs from fans. He was in a bit of controversy the other day for playing Tom Petty's "Free Falling" when Alex Bregman came to bat, in a huge slump.

I just heard the organ player at Atlanta's home stadium play the opening phrases of Miles Davis tune "So What" (on the organ).

That's Matthew Kaminski. @bravesorganist on Twitter. He's very good and solicits ideas for walk-up songs from fans. He was in a bit of controversy the other day for playing Tom Petty's "Free Falling" when Alex Bregman came to bat, in a huge slump.

Many years ago he used to post on the "Yahoo Clonewheel Group" forum. Seemed a very likeable guy.

:nopity: