Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Pfizer Covid Booster today

Safeway Super Markets did a Flue Shot and Pfizer Covid shot booster event in our community at our Performing Arts Center this morning, so I signed up for it a month or so back. (We have our own theater here in our community which puts on many shows during the Fall/Winter/Spring seasons) Covid Shot today and flue November 2nd at my doctors office.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. I'm waiting for Moderna to be approved as a booster. Should be pretty soon.

Me too. I've had Covid post vaccine so I should have some anti-bodies but you can't be too careful.

Today I got my flu shot and my first shingles shot.

Second singles shot in 2 months, glad to get that one out of the way.

Over 30% of all Americans get it and it isn't fun at all.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Cool. I'm waiting for Moderna to be approved as a booster. Should be pretty soon.

Me too. I've had Covid post vaccine so I should have some anti-bodies but you can't be too careful.

Today I got my flu shot and my first shingles shot.

Second singles shot in 2 months, glad to get that one out of the way.

Over 30% of all Americans get it and it isn't fun at all.

I have had both Pfizer Covid-19 Vaccination doses, and I'll definitely be getting my follow-up Booster when I'm eligible.

It's the responsible adult thing to do.

qBJi94Z.png

tjyFmGW.jpg

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Got my Pfizer booster about 2 weeks ago. Then, a few days later, got my flu jab and dose #1 of shingrix.

My mom had shingles once, and compared it to extended childbirth. One of her friends actually got it TWICE.

Not being stupid, I figured getting the vax fot shingles was a no-brainer.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

+1 also got my Shingles (2 dose) vaccine last year. Hope to skip that issue later in life! I have known a couple of people including my mom , that got shingles and it's not pretty, painful or something I want to go through. Vaccines can be a great way to avoid all kinds of disease. Back in my Army days we got 4 shots in each arm simultaneously by air guns before going overseas. I can't see why people are afraid of vaccines? But I never give out advice on taking them, as I would feel responsible if someone I had talked into it, had some sort of reaction and died. I believe vaccines are very safe and I'm the first one in line when they become available... :cool:
Take care, Larryz

I"m an Army brat, and when the family got stationed overseas, we had to ge up to date in our vaccines. And we were. Exceptâ¦Somehow, my parents lost MY medical records, and I had to get EVERYTHING all over again.

Now, I do not like needles, but I have come to an uneasy truce with them as an adult. But then, I was just a kid. So they didn"t tell me what was going on until we were at the clinic.

It took 5 orderlies to hold me down and get me re-vaccinated, while my father stood in the doorway, 'Poor baby!'

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

I"m an Army brat, and when the family got stationed overseas, we had to ge up to date in our vaccines. And we were. Exceptâ¦Somehow, my parents lost MY medical records, and I had to get EVERYTHING all over again.

Now, I do not like needles, but I have come to an uneasy truce with them as an adult. But then, I was just a kid. So they didn"t tell me what was going on until we were at the clinic.

It took 5 orderlies to hold me down and get me re-vaccinated, while my father stood in the doorway, 'Poor baby!'

Man, can I relate and understand!

Got my Pfizer booster about 2 weeks ago. Then, a few days later, got my flu jab and dose #1 of shingrix.

My mom had shingles once, and compared it to extended childbirth. One of her friends actually got it TWICE.

Not being stupid, I figured getting the vax for shingles was a no-brainer.

I WISH that I had even known a few years back that there was a Vaccination for Shingles!! :eek::freak::cry: I damn sure would've (and wish I had) gotten it then!

Back in my Army days we got 4 shots in each arm simultaneously by air guns before going overseas.

I sure remember that...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Now, I do not like needles, but I have come to an uneasy truce with them as an adult.

For both my Moderna jabs I couldn't tell when the needle went in. Absolutely painless, though I guess that speaks more to the skill of the nurse than anything else.

Indeed!

And whenever I get a (relatively or completely) painless shot, blood sample or the like, I complement the medical tech on their skill. I mean, given what they do, most of what they hear is complaints or exclamations of discomfort, and everyone deserves the occasional compliment for their professionalism.

Now, I do not like needles, but I have come to an uneasy truce with them as an adult.

For both my Moderna jabs I couldn't tell when the needle went in. Absolutely painless, though I guess that speaks more to the skill of the nurse than anything else.

Indeed!

And whenever I get a (relatively or completely) painless shot, blood sample or the like, I complement the medical tech on their skill. I mean, given what they do, most of what they hear is complaints or exclamations of discomfort, and everyone deserves the occasional compliment for their professionalism.

Friday the pharmacist that administered my Flu and Shingles shots did it as close to painlessly as could be done. I thanked him for his expertise and rightly so.

I was expecting to feel worse than I do with 2 vaccines at once. By all reports the shingles vax can be a bit rough but nothing compared to getting shingles.

I don't like needles but I don't like being ill even more.

• 1 month later...