Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Recommend very lightweight 88 note case with wheels

Hi,

I"m looking to upgrade my old Roland RD300GX stage piano and and the top three contenders are

Studiologic Numa X Piano 88

Yamaha CP88

Roland RD88

My current RD300GX weighs 35lbs/16.4kg and I have a Gator GK88 soft case with wheels that weighs 28lbs/12kg. Whilst this isn"t too bad on flat surfaces, I often have to carrying t up stairs and it becomes pretty heavy work. As a result, I would like to have something lighter.

I noticed that Yamaha has a similar case to the Gator GK88 to fit the CP88 which weighs only 4.7kg! However this costs around £250-£300 in the UK!

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/music_production/accessories/sc-cp88/index.html

Are there any other similar cases to the Yamaha CP88 case that weigh around 5kg and have wheels?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

+3 Soundwear. I know brother Aidan likes his.

Cheers, Mike.

Yep, I'm still very pleased with mine, for me it's about the ideal combination of protection vs weight.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Took a look at the Soundware, as my Nord 88 bag is showing wear. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that offers the convenient handle, placed midway on the bottom of the case, that is so darn handy when wheeling vertically? That has turned out to be a very useful feature.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

I"ve a friend who picked up the Yamaha CP branded case. Pluses - it"s a good fit of course, the entire front of it opens up to a compartmented pockets area for cables, pedals, iPad, etc. handle feels good (not sure if it will hold up to heavy use, but maybe it will). Downside, you have to be really tall to drag the bag on its wheels and not have the corner of the bag between the wheels scraping pavement. They should have made the wheels just a little larger. When you took out your CPs with the Soundware Pro Bag, Dave, did you use the wheels and have a smooth roll?

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• 2 weeks later...