Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Beatles "Get Back" Trailer

The movie formerly known as "Let It Be", now on Disney + in 3-2hr. episodes over Thanksgiving. Not to be confused with the "Sneak Peek" that came out a few months back, this dropped early this morning.

To say I am excited doesn't do it justice. I saw "Let It Be" as a 10-year old at a drive-in theater in Ventura here in SoCal from the back of my uncle's Triumph TR-6. I couldn't comprehend what was going on with the group dynamics, but was already a fan and loved seeing them in their long haired selves.

Just the trailer brought back so many memories. So sad my best friend was one of the biggest Beatles fans ever and he passed a few years ago he would of loved to see this. I don't know how long before Disney+ makes BluRays of their stuff but I definitely want my own copy once they do.

Just the trailer brought back so many memories. So sad my best friend was one of the biggest Beatles fans ever and he passed a few years ago he would of loved to see this. I don't know how long before Disney+ makes BluRays of their stuff but I definitely want my own copy once they do.

My guess is BluRays will be made, but not by Disney? The Beatles own the rights, and I would assume it would go to one of the major movie or music distributors. That could have been part of their deal with Disney, but also might not have been. But I also hope they'll be available on that format with an extended directors cut of some sort. Because 6 hours is just not enough......:)

Also I'd guess I'm not alone on here in thinking I'd happily watch all 59 hours of the original footage. Sure 40 hours of it might be trash but it's Beatles trash.

Cool! Got Disney+ for my daughter mostly and the new SW stuff for me, cool to get getting seing some unexpected content. Thanks for the heads-up!

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

I knew of the silvertop Rhodes behind Paul, but is that a keyboard behind George? Never noticed that before.

If you're referring to the little section near the beginning of the trailer, I believe that's the infamous Lowrey DSO-1 that was used for the beginning of "Lucy in The Sky" and a couple of other appearances on tracks.

I've had this on my calendar since they announced the dates. It's what we're doing over Thanksgiving, I keep telling my wife.

I agree about being willing to watch all the footage, though I bet some of it will need captions for lack of audibility and those Liverpudlian accents. ;)

And Paul's quote about, "in fifty years"! :roll:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I was 13, was devastating for us kids when we heard they broke up, but then Let it Be came out, so we thought "hey, maybe they didn't really break up after all!" since it was plain as day on the big screen that they were still together.

But we just switched our fan energy from Beatles to McCartney's solo album, and then John's. KINK radio in Portland would play entire albums on Sundays, and they played John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band, and we taped the album and played it over and over, trying to figure out if John was serious or not in "God" but sadly seemed he was, and the dream was over. And, we'd just have to carry on. It seemed like that song was written for me personally.

But, they might as well still be together, because the songs are timeiess.

Looking backwards, my regrets about the Beatles breakup doesn"t concern John or Paul. They had stopped writing together for some time and were capable of moving on as solo artists. My regret is for George Harrison. I think the Beatles did the best production of his tunes. Ever. Perhaps out of sheer talent. Or perhaps out of a friendship and love. I know he had to fight for album space, and probably felt freedom to create his own albums. But I think that when I listen to George"s songs, the ones he did with the Beatles are presented the most musically.

Great trailer - but what a waste putting it on Disney!!!!

Isn't their target age group the under 12s????

Not really :) The streaming service is much wider than the traditional movies though there's no doubt they'd have a decent kid demographic...

This film looks like it doesn't have a particular point of view, other than love and respect for the Beatles. I made some part time coin in college playing Beatles singalongs while at university.

How many of you here worked your way through the Beatles Complete music book? Yes, many great tunes, but also a bunch of no-name losers you've probably forgotten about. My point is that they just went for it. Not all of their stuff was great, but when it was -- it was awesome.

Even to this day, you can hear Beatles phrases, chords and passages in all sorts of modern music. And there's still that "Beatles sound" that many bands want a piece of.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"