Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Prophet 10 Dual Manual

I'm sure by this time tomorrow, its price will be more in line with vintage gear pricing, but right now, at $4500, it's a steal (your face)! :D :D hahahha https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auction/2021/from-the-vault-property-from-the-grateful-dead-and-friends/brent-mydland-stage-used-prophet-10?fbclid=IwAR1pAPj4o__crt0h_kea__Bz4CvJEEA5fJ3iwPJcSJdanvGzDl1yG6NTbtE
Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember having one of these come in for consignment when I worked at Gand Music in the mid 1980s. Can't recall which version it was (2, or 3), but experiencing - at the very least - two Prophet 5s stacked was intense.

Sadly, I recall the P10 being on consignment due to its owner having a terminal illness.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Didn't these having an overheating issue? I remember something with design problem with the housing.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Didn't these having an overheating issue? I remember something with design problem with the housing.

Wasn't that with the single manual Prophet 10? (where they pretty much crammed 2 Prophet Vs into 1)

http://users.telenet.be/prophet-5/Prophet_5_Revisions/Rev_1_10_Voice/slide_top_longview.jpg

http://users.telenet.be/prophet-5/Prophet_5_Revisions/Rev_1_10_Voice/Prophet_10_AF_Top.jpg

Wasn't that with the single manual Prophet 10? (where they pretty much crammed 2 Prophet Vs into 1)

You're correct! Thank you. I couldn't remember the story right...

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760