Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboards from the Grateful Dead for sale

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[font:Verdana]random musings as I peruse the inventory...

Cheapest price for a Prophet-10 I've seen in a while. Still, considering that the auction's still 4 days away, it's gonna get crazy.

bidding's already up to $8,500 for Jerry's Mu-Tron BiPhase. $8,500... ð²

Wouldn't mind having that GS-1, tho

$6,500 for Dylan's harmonica and holder that he used on that '80s tour with the Dead

Crazy seeing what those guitar amps are going for. I thought the harmonica price was out of hand...

Weir's rosewood Tele - that current high bid's a bit low. Rather have that '98 Modulus, tho

I'm in love with that 2005 Ibanez. ðððð

[/font]

Actually, the posters did it for me. They looked great to my eyes -- love the style -- but $5k for a nice, printed piece of paper? Nahhhh .... signed artwork maybe.

I grew up in the SF bay area, and went to all sorts of Dead shows when younger, did lots of NYE shows, even followed the band around for a while as there was this girl.

My university time was set to a soundtrack, and it was the Dead playing. Not to mention the Dead cover bands I played in, since it was UC Santa Cruz. To be fair, there was this other cool punkish band we tried to see often, Green Day. The other band we'd always go make an effort to see was Dixie Dregs. Later on, I was in a band and we opened for an unknown act with the craziest name: Red Hot Chili Peppers. I mean, really?

I play the music now, and it does almost nothing for me. Looking through the auction inventory, I felt almost zero nostalgia. It was certainly a time and place, since moved on.

But if you've gotta have that ratty looking speaker cab, have at it!

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

I wonder where all the Alembic guitars and basses got to?

I saw the Dead back when Pigpen was in the band. That's just about all I remember about the show. Aum opened for them, I thought they were pretty good.

Listened to Workingman's Dead and America Beauty a fair bit. That was it for me, no more Dead. The start price on the Hofner Verythin guitar Bob Weir owned seems somewhat reasonable...

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I am not a fan of the Dead (hoo-boy, but my brother is!) but I am pretty impressed with how well their auction seems to be going. I guess Deadheads don't mind parting with thousands of dollars? In comparison, the Zappa estate did an auction some years back, and I don't remember many items even getting bids.

Actually, the posters did it for me. They looked great to my eyes -- love the style -- but $5k for a nice, printed piece of paper? Nahhhh .... signed artwork maybe.

I grew up in the SF bay area, and went to all sorts of Dead shows when younger, did lots of NYE shows, even followed the band around for a while as there was this girl.

My university time was set to a soundtrack, and it was the Dead playing. Not to mention the Dead cover bands I played in, since it was UC Santa Cruz. To be fair, there was this other cool punkish band we tried to see often, Green Day. The other band we'd always go make an effort to see was Dixie Dregs. Later on, I was in a band and we opened for an unknown act with the craziest name: Red Hot Chili Peppers. I mean, really?

I play the music now, and it does almost nothing for me. Looking through the auction inventory, I felt almost zero nostalgia. It was certainly a time and place, since moved on.

But if you've gotta have that ratty looking speaker cab, have at it!

Agree. Item #28 is a leslie pre-amp. They were looking for $300-500. The current bid is $1100. WTF? There is the same model on Reverb for $199. Why would I pay an additional $900, so I could say "it belonged to someone in the Dead"?

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I could care less about the music stuff... how about some leftovers from the after-parties? Maybe a few elderly groupies? I heard that the Mudfish from the Zappa auction went for $10,000...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

There is one on reverb for $199. Why would I pay an additional $900, so I could say "it belonged to someone in the Dead"?
...so you can say "it belonged to someone in the Dead." That may not be worth $900 to you, but, like, have you MET Grateful Dead fans? :roll:

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

I love people that think owning them will make them a better player. really who cares?

Yeah, what's up with that? I sold Rick Neilson a TV front tweed Fender Deluxe decades ago and I haven't written one song like Surrender yet. Hmph...

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.