Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Enhancia Neova ring midi controller

Apologies if there's already a post here somewhere, I get a message saying I'm not authorised to use the search function.

https://www.enhancia-music.com/product/neova/#

Arrived on Friday. This is very, very cool. I tried a Roli Seaboard but the 'plays like a sex toy' experience just didn't do it for me. The Osmose is yet to be seen in the wild. With the Neova I just play my usual boards and wiggle my finger or move my hand a little. The little hub/ring charger sends standard midi, the software is a doddle to set up, the range of the gestures can be set and matched to the midi CC range you want. Did I mention it's very cool. One-handed synth solos with pitch bends, vibrato and filter sweeps, big tick. Man this is so cool. Oh wait, I said that already. Not cheap, but definitely worth it.

Anyone else have one?

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies if there's already a post here somewhere, I get a message saying I'm not authorised to use the search function.

It's actually turned off while we work on the site. Denying everyone permission is the workarouind that the folks who run our site used to disable it.

There's a global sticky with directions on how to search the forum. Here ya go.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Okay is this bad?

I had to re-read the thread topic a couple times.

At first glance I though it said:

Enhancia NUVA ring midi controller

Like, wow!..... so my gal can now control my keyboard rig from...... :waitwhat::keys2:

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

Please tell us some of the ways you are using it. ðð

Bill Laurance is blown away which is very promising. I"ve tried the Leap Motion Geco, which is superficially similar but could be different in playing experience. That was a very sophisticated controller but it was difficult to separate intention from accidentâ¦

Leap Motion w/ Gekko MIDI is best used for really fast double bowing really fast Jean Luc Ponty style licks.

Trill your fingers up against each other and the tracking is really precise.

But PBend and Touch VCF stuff is not that accurate but usable sometimes.

The Ring seems to have accurate VCF and the PBend twists are pretty nifty.

Bought Leap Motion when it was 60 bucks, gekko MIDI was 10.

I"m sure they"re more expensive now.

For 352 There better be a Diamond in the Ring.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

The thing is unlike other mpe inspired controllers I don't have to change my playing to fit the hardware. In the software you set the 2 endpoints of the curve for a particular gesture - or gestures: pitch bend can be independently set for left (down) and right (up). So it's been pretty easy to start with the default and then work out that I don't want to have to turn my hand so far to the left to bend down a tone and then adjust the range. And with the roll and tilt gestures you can set the range of the curve i.e. the angle where the midi messages start and the angle where they stop, and set the midi message range. So atm I've just set up one preset - you only get 4 - which has the pitch bend left dovetail with a CC closing the filter slightly, and then overlaps to a different degree to the right so the filter opens up quickly but the right pitch bend doesn't kick in for a bit and has a wider range so I have a bit more control if I bend up and back. You move your hand l-r-l-r-l-r-l for a vibrato, and for a standard fast lfo controlled vibrato I lean my finger forward. I can tailor this so that it's comfortable for MY hand as I play the keys. I got used to it VERY quickly and with a few adjustments had the angles set the way I wanted. So yes for me it has proven easy to set it up so to accurately trigger things to the degree you want without accidents. Of course YMMV, but I'm so stoked. No diamond though, lol.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals